VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys Can some one change the color without affecting the logo black colorImage
    [Attachment 82724 - Click to enlarge]

basically all white to become gold even inside the circle and only the letters and face to stay black

This is the best that I could do but is yellow not gold

[Attachment 82726 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by mammo1789; 7th Oct 2024 at 15:15.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Gold is a "metallic" color. Metallic colors are not uniform, they get their identifying properties due to shiny reflections*. This cannot be applied to a coloring algorithm simply, it requires a virtual light source and a setting of reflectivity, and then for this to be realized in an image, it must be "rendered" much the same as a 3D object is rendered.

This can or course be done in a 3D modelling/rendering/animation program, and I have used "BluffTitler" as a mini-version of one of those, and the better graphics apps like Photoshop have some methods using multicolor blending & bevel/emboss to cheat the same kind of effect (though not to quite the same extent).

*You can see what I am talking about by simply googling "gold color" and looking at images of the examples. The plain color ones are a shade of yellow, the fancier ones utilize blends of shinier/lighter colors & duller/darker colors within the same image to achieve the look.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. I used photoshop but I am not very good at it I couldn't get the shiny goldy look only better yellowish or bronze I couldn't find some easy tutorial for Photoshop to achieve the gold color as a background also with my attempt the black goes yellowish it not stays black
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Google "create gold color in Photoshop" or "create gold effect in Photoshop" and you'll see tons of tutorials, some better than others.

Scott
    Quote Quote