VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've found a DASH video, whose manifest contains a single chunk.

Code:
    <Representation id="11" bandwidth="23550734" codecs="vp09.00.50.08" mimeType="video/webm" sar="1:1">
            <BaseURL>000198755542.1-1.vp9.webm</BaseURL>
            <SegmentBase indexRange="381-136076" timescale="60000">
              <Initialization range="0-380" />
            </SegmentBase>
          </Representation>
    The video is downloaded by requesting this unique file with a "range" parameter in the header. The server responds with raw bytes. However, trying to access that link throws a 404 error, which makes it impossible for N_m3u8DL-RE to download it.

The odd thing is that the request passing through firefox is very simple, no cookies, no payload, nothing quite special. I can edit and resend the request from the firefox devtools, and I see the chunk being received correctly. But if I try to save it from there, or use curl anywhere else, with full headers, I get a 404. What could be the reason? Since the request is devoid of cookies and payload the server is not requiring authorization (which would throw a 403 instead too).

Is there any way to force the received file to be saved to disk from the devtools perhaps? Every time I try to use "save response as" I get an empty file because it tries to send the request again to do so I believe, which triggers a 404.
    Quote Quote  
  2. So resending the request in the devtools also throws a 404?
    https://github.com/DevLARLEY
    Keys from just the License URL: WidevineFetch
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    video url?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by larley View Post
    So resending the request in the devtools also throws a 404?
    No that works. Actually I can do this in the console and get a correct 206.

Code:
    await fetch(<url>, {
        "headers": {
            "range": "bytes=2131771-2648151"
        }
    });
    Yet, when I try to download it, 404. I also get a 404 if I do not include the range in the headers… Perhaps when trying to "save response as" firefox sends a striped down request?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is that from Netflix? Because I can see Netflix have range 234000-290000 something like that
    Quote Quote  
  6. No. The link isn't publicly available I'm afraid.

I managed to download the first millions of bytes, but concatenating them doesn't result in a video, encrypted or not, so I guess you can't combine them just like that. Are there other tools that would handle MPEG-DASH of such a format? Obviously N_m3u8DL does not properly set the header to retrieve the file in chunks.
    Quote Quote