VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm currently digitizing some tapes with a JVC-HR-S3500U, to a Panasonic DMR ES16 to a Dazzle DVC100. Sometimes I get capturing problems while the overlay is on so I just turn it off. I capture using S-video, but then I can plug the remaining video output of either my VCR or DVR to my TV so I can see what is being captured. It'd be nice to have, but if it has any chance of affecting performance negatively, I'd turn it off. Thank you all!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why even risk that ?

Just preview the capture on your PC with the capture program.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do a few tests. During capture, pull the plug on the TV and reinsert it. Then check the recording. Or use AmarecTV, which will have a live screen the whole time.

Just preview the capture on your PC with the capture program.
    The OP states the Overlay needs to be turned off sometimes.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I did try amarectv, I like it, but now enough to move away from vdub. I will make some tests. I still figure I would ask, maybe others have made more tests then I would. Also it might be fine with my short test, what if it's not with another tape? or even on that same tape but at a different point?

Honestly I doubt it makes a difference. I've read that the video is being output on both no matter what. Still I'll make some tests and report back
    Quote Quote  
  5. I made a short test, I captured a few minutes from a VHS tape and I have seen no difference whatsoever. I started the capture normally, then plugged yellow video output of my VCR, to the input of a 2nd VCR and then to my TV. I plugged and unplugged both end several times. Also did the same on my DVR that I use as a passthrough for capturing, and still I saw no effect.
    Quote Quote