VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Sister has a Windows 11 Mini PC. She has a monitor connected to that has no built in audio. So she has powered speakers plugged into the headphone jack on the front of the Mini PC. Up until now that has worked fine but today she has no output audio. I of course went to try to turn the audio back on and it is muted and doesn't allow me to unmute it. I tried some of the solutions on Google but nothing seems to be working. I was thinking perhaps to get her TV which has HDMI Input and her Mini PC has HDMI output and seeing if that would remedy things. At the moment this older flat screen monitor she has is hooked to the computer with a HDMI adapter. I also plugged a head phone into the headphone jack and no sound. I restarted the computer hoping that would get things working again and that did not do the trick. I don't know if it has anything to do with Windows Update as I pretty much forced to do a Windows Update today and I was hoping that the update would help but it didn't.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. My Sister is developmentally disabled and she gets a lot of enjoyment from her computer and she does Zoom Meetings and such. She has one going at the moment and they can hear and see her but she can see them but not hear them. Thank in advance for any help regarding this matter.
    Last edited by Tom Saurus; 16th Aug 2024 at 13:38.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I hooked my Sister's Television to her Mini PC via the HDMI and now she has sound outgoing and incoming. The monitor is a used monitor I bought at a Thrift Shop. So she has a bigger screen now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    When having problems with sound in Windows 10/11 it is often helpful to open the classic/legacy audio settings instead of the confusing modern audio panel.
    Most often you can then easier see what is possible wrong configured with the audio.

Google: Windows 11 open legacy old sound settings
    Windows Digitals: How to Open The Old Advanced Sound Settings in Windows 11

Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    I hooked my Sister's Television to her Mini PC via the HDMI and now she has sound outgoing and incoming. The monitor is a used monitor I bought at a Thrift Shop. So she has a bigger screen now.
    Nice it is fixed now?
    I also have picked up quite a few nice monitors from my local Thrift Shops here.
    Last edited by The_Doman; 16th Aug 2024 at 15:32.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The_Doman: Thank you for your post. I will test the headphone jack next time I turn my Sister's computer on. Hopefully the issue is fixed so I could use the monitor again. I suspect my Sister will not like having her TV tied up with her Mini-PC. I got the monitor for twenty five dollars.
    Quote Quote  
  5. After I hooked my Sister's TV to the HDMI Output the speaker output came back within a day or two so I hooked up the monitor to it again and the sound is coming out of the speakers I hooked into the earphone jack on the mini computer. So now she has her bedroom TV back and she can stave off getting another TV.
    Quote Quote