VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, wondering if anyone could help with a problem I am having with a Goodman's Soundbar that I am trying to get working with my sons gaming PC (Windows 11). The Soundbar connects via Bluetooth and through the USB and aux jack, and using the phone I am able to connect to it via bluetooth, but getting it to connect to the gaming PC nothing happens. I have connected the USB cable into one of the USB ports (I have tried all of them) and connected the aux cable to the available sockets at the top of the base unit (not sure which is the correct input but I've tried) but nothing is detected and no sound is coming from the Soundbar. I have switched on the Soundbar where it lets you know it is using Bluetooth, but again nothing shows up in the bluetooth settings that it has detected the Soundbar.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm no bluetooth expert but these are the steps to follow:

Open Settings.
    Navigate to Devices.
    Click Bluetooth & other devices in the left sidebar.
    Set the toggle switch at the top to On.
    To add a new device click add Bluetooth or other device.
    Select Bluetooth.
    Choose the device from the list.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    maybe this video will help it explains how to get it connected to a pc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpssZznEsPw. I dont own one but i searched a video to help you out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by techmot View Post
    Hi, wondering if anyone could help with a problem I am having with a Goodman's Soundbar that I am trying to get working with my sons gaming PC (Windows 11). The Soundbar connects via Bluetooth and through the USB and aux jack, and using the phone I am able to connect to it via bluetooth, but getting it to connect to the gaming PC nothing happens. I have connected the USB cable into one of the USB ports (I have tried all of them) and connected the aux cable to the available sockets at the top of the base unit (not sure which is the correct input but I've tried) but nothing is detected and no sound is coming from the Soundbar. I have switched on the Soundbar where it lets you know it is using Bluetooth, but again nothing shows up in the bluetooth settings that it has detected the Soundbar.

try following this youtube tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpssZznEsPw
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sum_guy View Post
    I'm no bluetooth expert but these are the steps to follow:

Open Settings.
    Navigate to Devices.
    Click Bluetooth & other devices in the left sidebar.
    Set the toggle switch at the top to On.
    To add a new device click add Bluetooth or other device.
    Select Bluetooth.
    Choose the device from the list.
    Hi thanks but I tried that (first thing I normally do with bluetooth devices) but it didn't detect the Soundbar. Tried it also on my Lenovo laptop but still nothing when Bluetooth was turned on.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Hi, wondering if anyone could help with a problem I am having with a Goodman's Soundbar that I am trying to get working with my sons gaming PC (Windows 11). The Soundbar connects via Bluetooth and through the USB and aux jack, and using the phone I am able to connect to it via bluetooth, but getting it to connect to the gaming PC nothing happens. I have connected the USB cable into one of the USB ports (I have tried all of them) and connected the aux cable to the available sockets at the top of the base unit (not sure which is the correct input but I've tried) but nothing is detected and no sound is coming from the Soundbar. I have switched on the Soundbar where it lets you know it is using Bluetooth, but again nothing shows up in the bluetooth settings that it has detected the Soundbar.

try following this youtube tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpssZznEsPw
    Thanks for that, watched the video but I've already done what the video shows and it doesn't detect the Soundbar, nothing appears when I search for devices.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

Thanks for that, watched the video but I've already done what the video shows and it doesn't detect the Soundbar, nothing appears when I search for devices.

try reinstalling Bluetooth on your gaming PC
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

try reinstalling Bluetooth on your gaming PC
    I decided to take it back to the shop I got it from and got a refund. It was only about £20. I don't think reinstalling Bluetooth would've sorted the problem, it wouldn't even connect to my Lenono laptop.
    Quote Quote