VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes I find that Amazon Prime Video gets the aspect ratio wrong, mainly with older TV shows. Sometimes it squashes them too much, sometimes it stretches them too much.

I've tried fiddling with my PC's display settings (using Windows 10) but that never seems to work for the streaming video.

I did find a Firefox addon called Ultrawideo and that works, however I don't like that it has permissions to access your data for all websites. This seems way over the top.

So is there any other way to alter the aspect ratio, maybe a safe app or addon that doesn't access your website data?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CompVid View Post
    Sometimes I find that Amazon Prime Video gets the aspect ratio wrong, mainly with older TV shows. Sometimes it squashes them too much, sometimes it stretches them too much.

I've tried fiddling with my PC's display settings (using Windows 10) but that never seems to work for the streaming video.

I did find a Firefox addon called Ultrawideo and that works, however I don't like that it has permissions to access your data for all websites. This seems way over the top.

So is there any other way to alter the aspect ratio, maybe a safe app or addon that doesn't access your website data?
    are you wanting to change the aspect ratio on your tv or computer ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Regarding the Firefox add-on, you could always create a separate FF profile and just use it for those videos
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by CompVid View Post

are you wanting to change the aspect ratio on your tv or computer ??
    My Computer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Regarding the Firefox add-on, you could always create a separate FF profile and just use it for those videos
    Good idea, thanks. I'll look into that.

Of course if anything underhand was going on with the addon I guess that my Amazon account details would still be accessible.
    Quote Quote