VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. On video I create myself I know my work flow and how to treat it ..... but now starting to get regular file dumps of 4K video ... which is D-Log 10 bit

The sender advise he normally applies a REC 790 LUT then edits and colour grades as required.

Knowing very little about D -Log files .... a bit of a search seems to be telling me that REC790 is a HD TV standard which is not supported on most TV's.
    One guy recommends applying a LUT for DCI-P3 would be much better.

My 'output' is destined for a PC monitor should I consider REC 790 or DCI-P3

Second Q .. my video app of choice (Movie Studio Platinum 16) doe snot support LUTs ... are there any free standing utilities that can apply a LUTS to a video file, or do I need to give up on Movie Studio an move to Davinic.
    Been using Movie studio since ver 7 so pretty used to how to do things ... be a pity to move.
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Bit more Googling around suggests converting D-Log to sRGB.
    This is more suited to a brighter room and PC monitor.
    Is there a simple way to apply sRGB to D-Log files (mp4)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    On video I create myself I know my work flow and how to treat it ..... but now starting to get regular file dumps of 4K video ... which is D-Log 10 bit

The sender advise he normally applies a REC 790 LUT then edits and colour grades as required.

Knowing very little about D -Log files .... a bit of a search seems to be telling me that REC790 is a HD TV standard which is not supported on most TV's.
    One guy recommends applying a LUT for DCI-P3 would be much better.

My 'output' is destined for a PC monitor should I consider REC 790 or DCI-P3

Second Q .. my video app of choice (Movie Studio Platinum 16) doe snot support LUTs ... are there any free standing utilities that can apply a LUTS to a video file, or do I need to give up on Movie Studio an move to Davinic.
    Been using Movie studio since ver 7 so pretty used to how to do things ... be a pity to move.
    Do you mean REC709?
    You can use clever FFmpeg-GUI to apply a DLog-M_to_Rec709.cube LUT to your file.
    Extract the zip file below wherever you want.
    Then start clever FFmpeg-GUI, load your video, click main, click encode videostream, resize or keep size, choose the encoder,
    click various, check LUTs, select DLog-M_to_Rec709.cube, set the other options as you like and click encode.
    If finished, click multiplex, the new created videostream is shown in green, deselect the original videostream (the blue one), set the output container and click multiplex.
    Done.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by ProWo; 30th Jul 2024 at 15:39. Reason: file added
    Quote Quote