VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I tried encoding with Handbrarke but with Placebo preset and Veryslow prerset, with placebo takes almost 15hs, and with Veryslow take 8hs

Is between placebo and Veryslow a big video quality difference?
    Quote Quote  
  2. No. And be careful, even Veryslow will deliver settings that are not blu-ray compliant. Many blu-ray players won't play them correctly. Stick with Slow or Medium for good quality and better compatibility.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    No. And be careful, even Veryslow will deliver settings that are not blu-ray compliant. Many blu-ray players won't play them correctly. Stick with Slow or Medium for good quality and better compatibility.
    Thank You, and what about if I encode with Nvenc? with Nvidia? will encode my video in maybe 17 minutes but what about the video final quality?
    Quote Quote  
  4. All the hardware encoders deliver lower visual quality (at the same bitrate) than x264 or x265. Exactly how much difference depends on the settings used, which generation of GPU you have, and the particular video. Try a few and decide what's acceptable for you. One weakness I've seen with the hardware encoders is in dark shallow gradients -- you get a lot of annoying posterization. You an alleviate that by using 10 bit encoding though (even with 8 bit material).
    Quote Quote  
  5. another solution is to use a more modern encoder, like svt-av1 or aomenc with one of the faster presets that will produce better quality, faster encode times at similar file sizes as placebo.
    Quote Quote