VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was just wondering if SE automatically loads the latest version of Google Translate.
    Any other suggestions that are free and give a good translation? Frankly going French to English looks pretty hard to read.
    This is a French version of Beggars Opera from the source so the language etc should be distinct in the SRT.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    I was just wondering if SE automatically loads the latest version of Google Translate.
    Any other suggestions that are free and give a good translation? Frankly going French to English looks pretty hard to read.
    This is a French version of Beggars Opera from the source so the language etc should be distinct in the SRT.
    I use SE all the time to translate videos. The trouble with languages translation is that they get the subject pronouns (I, You, He, She, It, We, You (plural) and They) wrong most of the time so I have to guess in my head the correct subject pronoun.
    Other than this, I am quite happy with Google Translation. In the past SE had a limitation on how many videos I can translate and would require a Google Account, but now it seems there is no limitation.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was just wondering of there are version numbers or something from Google Translate associated with a release of SE. I have one HD with the current SE but a work disk with the previous 4.0.5. on Windows 7.

With a French version and French subtitle in hand for an English play, I could get the John Gay play and perhaps match up the line entries.
    Quote Quote