VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a stream downloaded from one of my IPTV apps but the file has no extension, it just looks like 08acddaf. Does anyone know what format it may be in so I may be able to convert it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have you try to change the name of it ?
    08acddaf > 08acddaf.mp4 .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Use MediaInfo to determine what the container is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As @juan suggested, just add an extension to the file name. I usually add *.ts
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you all, I had tried changing the extension, I tried ts mp4 and mkv. It would play for 5 seconds then the resolution changed and the audio stopped playing. I wasn’t sure if I had the extension. I’ll try using Media info to double check. I guess the file could be corrupted
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    Thank you all, I had tried changing the extension, I tried ts mp4 and mkv. It would play for 5 seconds then the resolution changed and the audio stopped playing. I wasn’t sure if I had the extension. I’ll try using Media info to double check. I guess the file could be corrupted
    How did you download the file? What you describe is common with IPTV because they don't allow watching and recording at the same time, unless you pay for two subscriptions. When you try to record, it will just record few seconds.
    Edit: What is the size of your file? I am guessing it is quite small.
    Last edited by Subtitles; 28th May 2024 at 03:38.
    Quote Quote