VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Plugs have been designed and engineered very specifically to work a certain way in order to follow a very specific set of conditions and to be used only in that manner. This includes non symmetricality vs symmetricality, presence vs absence of grounding pin (or placeholder for one), etc.

Are you sure you are using it correctly?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The main reason for making right-angle plugs is to provide the wire being in parallel with the surface (wall or floor) where the sockets are set. Multi-socket connector boxes for PCs are most often made with 45-degree oriented sockets, to allow for using such plugs in adjacent sockets.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    These do exist with the cable coming out of the plug without any angle. So you might just need to find one of those.
    It's just that in most cases the angled version is the better choice and I am glad we have them. Having only the straight option would be a loss.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Use different - straight (i hope this is on Videohelp forum politically correct term) plug or use sockets providing sufficient distance.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like using right-angle plugs when the socket is located behind furniture, especially when the attached electrical cord is stiff.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think the op is trolling.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote