VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi

Sorry, this is a bit off topic, and a bit of a frustrating rant about the lack of availability of TBC equipment in the UK. I understand these products are discontinued, and were probably quite niche when they were available to buy in shops, but it is almost impossible to buy any form of TBC in the UK. Not sure where I’m going with this post, so feel free to remove if not suitable.

DMS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Snell & Wilcox is a UK company and made a lot of pro gear before Grass Valley took over and made the same devices up until 2016, Just look for analog to SDI converter, some sellers like to call them format converters or scan converters, Models usually contain letters such as TBS, CVR, Kudos, and some numbers, Prices are usually from 3 digits all the way to 4 digits depends on if the seller knows what he is selling or not. But lately most of them have figured it out. Post your findings and we can help you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi dellsam,

I have seen Grass Valleys website, they seem very highend! but a couple of items peak my interest,

https://www.grassvalley.com/products/standalone-processing/kudos-lc350/
    https://www.grassvalley.com/products/standalone-processing/advc-g1-a-apac-japan-only/

Not sure if they would be suitable and i hate to think how much they are even though they state they are both at an 'affordable price'.

Ive been looking everywhere for second hand devices, ebay list a small amount but all seem to be sellers from the US. I will give a few of your search terms a try to see if that yields anything.

Thanks

DMS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    No, not those in those links, They are usually blue face with grey aluminum case, they are half rack size, The right ones should have composite and YC input and digital SDI output, Here is two manuals of many more, This and this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I thought the TBC in the Videonics MX1 suited my needs. I got mine on Ebay from a seller in Japan.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks Jeby1980, I will have a look.

DMS
    Quote Quote