VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an old Windows 7 machine on which I run the excellent app WindDv to capture DV either from a Sony DVCAM deck or video cameras (MiniDV and Digital 8). I use the Digital8 cameras to digitize Vide8 and Hi8 tapes. Any time I connect a deck or camera to the PC it detects in and launches Adobe Premiere, which is not a big issue since all I need to do is to close Premiere and launch WinDv. However, whenever there is a jump or frame drop in the capture in WinD - probably due to a time code break - Windows "redetects" that there's a FireWire device connected and launches Premiere ... Which of course stops the capture in WinDv. Or to be honest, I'm not sure what happens first: WinDv stopping capture or Windows opening Premiere. Anyway, I'm looking for advice on how to stop Premiere launching whenever a FireWire-device is discovered. I thought I had the best idea and just changed the name of the Premiere app in the program folder, but that only rendered a dialog box saying "Windows was unable to launch Adobe Premiere". But the capture in WinDV stops anyway, of course.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to an Adobe forum thread regarding Adobe Premiere Elements:
    "Every time I plug in a camera, premier elements 10 auto starts. Very annoying, how to turn this off?"

Reply given:
    "There is a system in Windows where, when it recognizes a device like a card or camera, it auto starts a program you have designated as you choice. In other words, this is not a Premiere Elements issue. It is a Windows issue. Apples may be the same.
    Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18539/windows-7-change-default-programs"

The original poster claimed success in solving the problem by visiting the link referenced above.
    Quote Quote