VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    trying to download a playlist here I think.

https://odysee.com/@FrontlineCovid19CriticalCareAlliance:c/Abe-Sellards-MS-Landscape-V...a-ea092a85e84b

and yt-dlp gets busy and does well for a while and then I started getting messages that it failed because 'too many requests'.

I'd cut and paste here but it's carrying on and downloading further vids quite happily right now.

So just wondering - is there perhaps some switch I could/should employ when such messages come up or are expected to come up perhaps?

ah.. it's finished and it finished upon one of those errors so I can paste it in here:

ERROR: [lbry] how-actor-louis-gossett,-jr.-survived:944f4dc5482ab8cc14b3c2d4efc64a8c56e0d736: Unable to download webpage: HTTP Error 429: Too Many Requests (caused by <HTTPError 429: Too Many Requests>)
    [download] Finished downloading playlist: MyStories, For The Records & Testimonials
    Last edited by abrogard; 20th Apr 2024 at 19:37.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
    trying to download a playlist here I think.

https://odysee.com/@FrontlineCovid19CriticalCareAlliance:c/Abe-Sellards-MS-Landscape-V...a-ea092a85e84b

and yt-dlp gets busy and does well for a while and then I started getting messages that it failed because 'too many requests'.

I'd cut and paste here but it's carrying on and downloading further vids quite happily right now.

So just wondering - is there perhaps some switch I could/should employ when such messages come up or are expected to come up perhaps?

ah.. it's finished and it finished upon one of those errors so I can paste it in here:

ERROR: [lbry] how-actor-louis-gossett,-jr.-survived:944f4dc5482ab8cc14b3c2d4efc64a8c56e0d736: Unable to download webpage: HTTP Error 429: Too Many Requests (caused by <HTTPError 429: Too Many Requests>)
    [download] Finished downloading playlist: MyStories, For The Records & Testimonials
    try adding either --force-ipv4 or --force-ipv6 to your command and see if that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay. Thanks for that. I'll try it next time.
    Quote Quote