VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an Elgato HD60 Pro capture card (1 HDMI input) in my system that I've been using to capture live Zoom meetings. Is there a way that I can add a second camera and plug the HDMI from both cameras into some device that then outputs to the single input on the Elgato? If so, what is that device called, and then how would I be able to set up a picture in picture type scenario for the Zoom meetings? Thank you in advance for any advice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Damn.. I was hoping for something less complicated and expensive
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sdsumike619 View Post
    I have an Elgato HD60 Pro capture card (1 HDMI input) in my system that I've been using to capture live Zoom meetings. Is there a way that I can add a second camera and plug the HDMI from both cameras into some device that then outputs to the single input on the Elgato? If so, what is that device called, and then how would I be able to set up a picture in picture type scenario for the Zoom meetings? Thank you in advance for any advice.
    Maybe a Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Pro HDMI Live Stream Switcher would work for what you want to do.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. There is probably less expensive, this is pro stuff (reliable/endurant). Obs can capture from 2 or more different cards at the same time, not sure if it can mix them live, haven't tried much. But then again : dropped frames, glitches etc are a possible when you go the cheap road.
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thank you.. Maybe there's a different capture card that has inputs for two HDMI sources.. It's really not critical though at this point.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sdsumike619 View Post
    Ok thank you.. Maybe there's a different capture card that has inputs for two HDMI sources.. It's really not critical though at this point.
    I don't think I have ever seen a capture card that could accept video input from 2 different HDMI connections at the same time. If such a thing exists, I doubt that it would be is less expensive than a live stream switcher or a second capture card.

Here is a video about the device I recommended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAA-WaU3kTE
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Mar 2024 at 18:36.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote