VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Created in Magix MEP 2021 and 2024.
    The ISO and dvd files are created fine but when I use CDburnerXP using the DVD files it instantly spits them out. So I tried Cyberlinks disc creator but but halfway thru either type it spits it out with an error message.
    I haven't used IMGburn because these worked on thepast hence I have no experience using IMGburn.

So i thought after been suggested on the Magix forum to reinstall Windows 10 (the current final version) choosing to 'keep my personal files' but it still failed.

My concern was that the process and results was duplicated across my Internal and LiteOn burners. I've got a blu ray burner which I rarely use only to access the pdf contents extras on some releases although I haven't tried it I wouldn't be surprised if it repeats the fails.
    The external burner I run an usb 2.0 extension lead to its USB lead because of its finger length.
    All 3 drives perfectly read all types of optical software.

But has any had this experience before as I'm burnt 2 DLs and went agro that affected single DVDs as well before and after reinstalling Windows 10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If the dual layer dvds aren't verbatim then most likely the discs are at fault.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Initially cheaper but perfect for DVD Recorder and older Laptop creations but now even for Verbatim for both DL and SL.
    3h 54m burns all files but plays only 70m
    1h40m burns but plays 65m.
    Note the burns
    https://postimg.cc/fSxswVKF
    DL cheap on left, SL verbatim right using Cyberlinks dvd creator.
    I even bought a new Verbatim 5 pack (in cases) but it spat it out.
    Last edited by Megazeti; 8th Feb 2024 at 20:33.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you actually mounted the ISO that Magix gave you and tested it?.....played the "DVD files" Magix gave you?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not many people are buying discs to burn since most media is being streamed countless ways so you are stuck buying long forgotten discs that might be good unless you now the right brands to buy.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Megazeti View Post
    But has any had this experience before as I'm burnt 2 DLs and went agro that affected single DVDs as well before and after reinstalling Windows 10.
    Yes it have happend a few times for me aswell that things for some unknown reason was not working, back a few years ago i ended up using some sort of built in burner function within windows that got the burning completed, still today not sure what was the issue!

The Operating System was Windows 7, i see you use Windows 10, maybe it does not have an built in burning solution, it if does maybe it can complete the burning task!
    Last edited by Crunchedfire; 9th Feb 2024 at 01:14. Reason: Addin Win7 os info
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have burnt a few succesfully with win 10 and MEP 2021. But recently it's been a proverbial bitch end up with frisbies hence the suggestion when one Magix user tried MEP 2024 and worked fine their end.
    I mean its creating the ISO and files when i choose the Image so i can first check the project and if ok create a video_ts put dvd files into that and use CDburnerXP or Cyberlink.
    I haven't done ISO burns due to my inexperience with those.
    Usually I use a DVD recorder but do get the odd tape which needs a couple of captures to assemble a clean video and have had good dvd burns.
    But this recent DL and now SL is brain bashing me bigtime wether I should wipe the entire SSD drive not keeping personal files (which i've backed up) and reinstall win 10 and pray it works .
    Last edited by Megazeti; 9th Feb 2024 at 03:32.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't done ISO burns due to my inexperience with those.
    Usually I use a DVD recorder but do get the odd tape which needs a couple of captures to assemble a clean video and have had good dvd burns.
    I have burnt a few ISO, it work out allright for the most times as i remember!

But this recent DL and now SL is brain bashing me bigtime wether I should wipe the entire SSD drive not keeping personal files (which i've backed up) and reinstall win 10 and pray it works .
    From what i know from installing Windows the outcome allways seem a bit better to completely format/wipe the entire hdd/sdd, especially since you have allready backed up the personal files!

You said in previous post allso that you had no experience with ImgBurn, i have used it many years ago and it have burnt successfully many times, ive got it installed now with Windows 10, aswell as i have CDBurnerXP! I think for myself since i have used ImgBurn before so many times i would try next burn with CDBurnerXP, mostly because it have such cool colors!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    If the dual layer dvds aren't verbatim then most likely the discs are at fault.
    I tend to agree. I rarely burn discs now but in the past, I burned many of them.

I used DL DVDs to store recorded HDTV programming. These recordings were just burned as media files but that should not matter. Failures were rare. Per advice that I read in this forum, I always used Verbatim AZO DVD+R DL and Imgburn to burn my recorded HDTV files.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote