VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am about to hook up my Onkyo Onkyo TX-SR494.
    We have programs that create DD 5.1 from 2 ch stereo. I'd like to open the audio file from a video in the DAWs that can handle ATMOS Rendering.
    So ... just keeping it simple ... DaVinci Resolve might work. I've been looking at YouTube videos.
    Anyways ... does anyone know how to convert the audio file from a simple mp4 or mkv that is in 5.1 .... to ... 5.1.2
    The SR494 is only 5.1.2 ... only has two height channels.
    Oh ... I guess VST3 plugins will be used to create height channels. Not sure which vst plugin to get. I want a nice plugin that can create fake AI height channels.
    We have ATMOS and DTS:X synthesized in our 2024 7.1.4 audio receivers. The tech is there.
    So ... anyone know ... how to enhance my favorite videos from yesterday. I transferred a bunch of large videos from my cell phone.
    This will be cool ... I wanna hear the planes flying over my head.
    Last edited by West Lacy; 2nd Dec 2023 at 02:58. Reason: cool was missing from ... this will be
    Quote Quote  
  2. I doubt this is possible without having access to Dolby Atmos Renderer and Dolby Audio Bridge, so not really a solution for home solutions.

We have ATMOS and DTS:X synthesized in our 2024 7.1.4 audio receivers. The tech is there.
    Licensed closed source chips. Even if you could feed your content to your receiver and then somehow capture the output you still would not be able to create an atmos track without dolby tools.

I don't know a way to do it and would be surprised to see one,...
    => wish you luck, but I doubt you will find anything that isn't closed source, expensive and from Dolby or a licensed company and aiming at production studios.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The format for Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos (E-AC3) is available (See attached files) so it would be possible for someone to create open source / free software to add Atmos objects to existing audio. I am not aware of any such software though. The Cavern project has done that opposite of what you want to do. The Cavern project will take Dobly Digital Plus with Atmos audio and turn it into channel based only audio (no Atmos) that can include height channels. See https://cavern.sbence.hu/cavern/
    Image Attached Thumbnails ts_102366v010401p.pdf  

ts_103420v010201p.pdf  

Quote Quote  
  4. Nice!
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote