VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This problem is happening now too often. During the verification process when I am burning a Blu-ray disc, the verification stops and the software gives me this error message: "Reading errors from sector ...... to ......", and it was list of 6 messages.
    Where is the problem, the burner, the software or the blank discs?
    My burner is a solid external Pioneer model BDR-X12UBK that I bought 3 or 4 years ago, and I updated the firmware. I've got Windows 11 when if first came out.
    I use two different software: ImgBurn or Nero.
    The blank disc brand name I use is always Verbatim.
    I always starts by ripping the movie (a commercial Blu-ray disc) to my PC with AnyDVD, using the "Rip to Image" option most of the times. Never have any problem during the ripping process. The problem comes always during the burning process.
    This morning I had to discard 4 Verbatim 50 GB discs one after the other because of the "reading error messages".
    The Pioneer reads the commercial movie without a problem, and I can watch it in my PC with no problem either. So the problem reading the sectors is when burning a copy with the same Pioneer reader/burner.
    I need your help. I can't believe that the entire Verbatim 50 GB spindle is defective. Is it the burning capacity of my Pioneer that worn out?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If the software is creating the image, during the creation of this image, have it had any laggs or something? ie. if the windows harddrive get occupied by something ellse during the creation it would possibly create something within the image for it had an delay in the creation (similar to adding an separate file as logfile, but this get "recognizable" within the image itself to make it come along and be accessable even after transfering the file to an other storage or location).. maybe this come up as "reading error" for some reason! Have you made sure to turn of all unnessecary programs and other things that may occupy the harddrive or the operating system itself during the creation of this image, aswell as during the burning? it might help to create an new one, sometimes it even help directly to successfully complete the burning process and the image wont need to be re-created! Make sure the created image file is flawless from any errors/laggs/stutters by turning of unnessecary programs and features that may occupy the harddrive or the operating system to get the best burning experience!
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 1st Dec 2023 at 13:06.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Imgburn creates a very good log, I'd start there
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Swedaniel, no, I always left the PC alone when I am ripping and burning a disc, just to avoid interferences. So the problem is somewhere else. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marcial View Post
    Swedaniel, no, I always left the PC alone when I am ripping and burning a disc, just to avoid interferences. So the problem is somewhere else. Thank you.
    Oh ok, same, allmost does not dare even move the mouse! Allmost all my burning process fail when i leave the pc, maybe there is increased risk for fire during burning the burning process may not be left unattended?

Well if possible check if there are any stuck Windows Updates or some new installed addons/functions that is operating as an background process!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Attached please find ImgBurn log report dated today wth regard to the problem I explained above. Please help me understand what's going on. Thanks.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is an warning about ANydvd, it must be disabled, it can interfere with verify stage.
    Try a 2x burn
    Turn on OPC (power calibration) in the settings / write tab

Take a look at tools/filter driver load order and see what other upper and lower filters are there
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I always disable AnyDVD when I burn a disc.
    And I think I just discovered where the problem resides. It is not the Pioneer burner; it is not the software because I tried two: Nero and ImgBurn and both gave me the same error message for the same exact errors for specific sectors. And, finally, it is not the blank discs either because the exact same error message came with all 4 discs I burned.
    The problem is with the commercial Blu-ray, believe it or not. I tried two commercial copies of the same movie. And both gave me the same problem when I made my copies. And the problem is at exactly 42 minutes and 8 seconds after the movie started.
    Not all commercial copies are perfect, we all know that. But this is not any particular commercial copy, it's in all of them of this title, so it seems, and the problem shows only when you try to watch the copy. The copies can be burned from the beginning to the end, it is the verification process what stops at 58 %. The errors consist of missing frames.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, sorry for bumping back in! someone told me the cd/dvd/blu-ray discs sometime come delivered with product warranty, and for this warranty to be valid it will communicate the disk image and all of this to validate the procedure of the entire process and the enviroment so that any invalid burned disc can as easily and as quickly as possible be replaced with an new disc, for free including the delivery process (postal services etc).. thus and therefore this process can be really important that the entire creation+burning procedure come with valid information from this "log" thing (which thanks to this can allow the burner to proceed and not give "errors" automaticly, with warranty). some disc producers make different demands for this! it is in this area i was thinking maybe it is because of this it give an error! Well could be anything i wont disturb more in the thread since it seem like you've done everything allright!

Edit: Oh, Marcial this last post of yours i had not seen it, i tought it was davexnet last post that was there!
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 1st Dec 2023 at 19:14.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, that's the problem, the original, commercial blu-ray discs can be watched without any problem. They look perfect until you make copies. It is within the burning process when the problem occurs, always at the same spot in the copies. Somehow during the pressing process when the originals were made, some spots had errors that had no impact when watching the movie, but the errors manifested themselves in the burned copies. It was not the software because I tried two of them and got the exact same problem. It was not my burner because it did not happen when I tried other movies as a test. and lastely, it was not the blank disks because I burned 4 of them, one after the other, and all 4 with the exact same error notice at 58% of the verification process, and at 42 minutes and 8 seconds from the beginning; besides, I always buy Verbatims, which is probably the best brand name around,
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe AnyDVD is to blame when you ripped the original disc
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I had similar issues backing up my blu-ray disc,at a certain spot in the show the video would lag and the issue was the ripper,using makemkv solved the issue.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Marcial View Post
    Where is the problem, the burner, the software or the blank discs?
    Disc or burner. Usually burner, but you can start from a disc (try another brand) as it is cheaper. From my experience - if you burn 2-3 discs every day after a year you need a new burner.
    Quote Quote