VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for a multi-disk 4k Blu-ray player and cant seem to find one. Do companies still make these devices?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Never saw a multi-disc 4k blu-ray player,only multi-disc player I've seen is for music cds.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No 4K though and seems to be long discontinued.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/video-player/blu-ray/sony-bdp-cx7000es-blu-ray-player-review/

In theory, you could create your own by installing a multiple optical drives into a tower based on the Automatic Ripping Machine (ARM) https://github.com/automatic-ripping-machine/automatic-ripping-machine
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Technology has moved on well and truly.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just remembered, up to Blu-Ray, DVD and CD only. The Kaleidescape Disc Vault allowed up to 320 discs to be loaded and copied to the internal hard drive(s). A 4K upgrade was available, but the 4K content was only what was available for download from Kaleidescape.

The current models only allow download and playback of movies available from Kaleidescape. Prior to UHDs, this was the only way for home users to view 4K content.
    Quote Quote  
  6. This is for my mother. Since I had to upgrade her TV and the Sony multi disk dvd player doesnt have hdmi I figure there would be a multi disk 4k bluray player somewhere out there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mol3000 View Post
    This is for my mother. Since I had to upgrade her TV and the Sony multi disk dvd player doesnt have hdmi I figure there would be a multi disk 4k bluray player somewhere out there.
    Maybe a video and audio converter to HDMI might work for you? Something like this https://www.amazon.com.au/Converter-ABLEWE-Composite-Supporting-Blue-Ray/dp/B07RX69KR8
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is for my mother. Since I had to upgrade her TV and the Sony multi disk dvd player doesnt have hdmi I figure there would be a multi disk 4k bluray player somewhere out there.
    More people are interested in streaming 4K movies than playing them on a UHD Blu-ray player. I do both.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    More people are interested in streaming 4K movies than playing them on a UHD Blu-ray player. I do both.
    She does both also.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What TV did you get for your mother? Maybe you can still use the multi-disk DVD player. Some 4K TVs don't have a set of SD analog RCA ports but have a single port that accepts a breakout cable, often sold separately. I bought one such Sony TV and a breakout cable for it earlier this year.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote