VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, does anyone know why my browser keeps displaying a verification sign in when I try and log into my youtube account?. This seem to happen every now and again and a message appears when I try and type in my password with a "Oneplus5" verification where it asks for a code, but I don't have a phone linked to my account. I tried clearing the cache and cookies and even downloaded a different browser than Firefox I was using but still did the same using Opera. In the past using a different browser seemed to sort the problem but not now. It's not surprising really as my laptop's antivirus has expired and for some odd reason it won't install Avast as it is over a 1GB in size and I have only 2gb space left on my Lenovo Ideapad (none of the programs I have installed are taking all the 50GB space up).
    Last edited by techmot; 3rd Nov 2023 at 13:34.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What version of Windows? Why not just use Windows Defender? How big is your HDD?
    Can you also post a screen shot showing the web browser page and the verification box

You should login to google.com and verify your account is good, if necessary change the password
    Last edited by davexnet; 3rd Nov 2023 at 15:45.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    What version of Windows? Why not just use Windows Defender? How big is your HDD?
    Can you also post a screen shot showing the web browser page and the verification box

You should login to google.com and verify your account is good, if necessary change the password
    I'm using Windows 11. Yeah I suppose I could use Windows Defender. The HHD is only 56GB.

I don't really want to login to google.com to verfiy.

Screenshot:
    [Attachment 74669 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't think it was possible to get a laptop with such a small drive.
    Although I found this one with a 64GB drive -
    https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-100/ideapad-1i-gen-7-(14-inch-i...l)/len101i0030

Your account may be compromised in some way. Your choice on how you handle it
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by techmot View Post
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

I'm using Windows 11. Yeah I suppose I could use Windows Defender. The HHD is only 56GB.

I don't really want to login to google.com to verfiy.

Screenshot:
    [Attachment 74669 - Click to enlarge]
    Odd that on the fourth point it says "If IT not already selected", which should be "If IT'S not already selected". Seems a little suspect to me. Like said, I've had this happen before, and after abit of messing about with different browsers or clearing cache, history and cookies or even rebooting I was able to log back in.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by techmot View Post
    Hi, does anyone know why my browser keeps displaying a verification sign in when I try and log into my youtube account?. This seem to happen every now and again and a message appears when I try and type in my password with a "Oneplus5" verification where it asks for a code, but I don't have a phone linked to my account. I tried clearing the cache and cookies and even downloaded a different browser than Firefox I was using but still did the same using Opera. In the past using a different browser seemed to sort the problem but not now. It's not surprising really as my laptop's antivirus has expired and for some odd reason it won't install Avast as it is over a 1GB in size and I have only 2gb space left on my Lenovo Ideapad (none of the programs I have installed are taking all the 50GB space up).
    are you logged in to youtube on any other device besides your laptop ??
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Hi, does anyone know why my browser keeps displaying a verification sign in when I try and log into my youtube account?. This seem to happen every now and again and a message appears when I try and type in my password with a "Oneplus5" verification where it asks for a code, but I don't have a phone linked to my account. I tried clearing the cache and cookies and even downloaded a different browser than Firefox I was using but still did the same using Opera. In the past using a different browser seemed to sort the problem but not now. It's not surprising really as my laptop's antivirus has expired and for some odd reason it won't install Avast as it is over a 1GB in size and I have only 2gb space left on my Lenovo Ideapad (none of the programs I have installed are taking all the 50GB space up).
    As far as I know no I'm not logged into youtube on any other devices. I only log in most of the time on the laptop I am using and I always log out unless there's an abrupt shutdown or the system freezes. Why does it keep saying Plusone5 for? what's that?.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I didn't think it was possible to get a laptop with such a small drive.
    Although I found this one with a 64GB drive -
    https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-100/ideapad-1i-gen-7-(14-inch-i...l)/len101i0030

Your account may be compromised in some way. Your choice on how you handle it
    Yes that's like the laptop I have, not a very good machine, OK for browsing but the machine I have seems to have problems with the space and ram, after using the internet for a few hours it starts telling me I am running out of space.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    As far as I know no I'm not logged into youtube on any other devices. I only log in most of the time on the laptop I am using and I always log out unless there's an abrupt shutdown or the system freezes. Why does it keep saying Plusone5 for? what's that?.
    plus one 5 is a cellphone - https://www.oneplus.com/us/support/spec/oneplus-5
    do you not have this phone ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why are you logging out ? It is not YT you log out of but Google itself since your PWD etc is for your Google acc.

Just close down the YT window and you should be logged in the next time you invoke YT (unless, as stated, your system has been comprimised)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'd be screwed if I ever logged out of YT. I have NO IDEA which email or password or how I logged in (Google or Youtube itself).
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Why are you logging out ? It is not YT you log out of but Google itself since your PWD etc is for your Google acc.

Just close down the YT window and you should be logged in the next time you invoke YT (unless, as stated, your system has been comprimised)
    When I couldn't log in I was at a different address to what I was before using a different network, and when I came back home I discovered I could now log in to my YT account. I regular log in at the other address but a few days ago I couldn't. I think it just thought someone had logged in when they didn't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK a Google Acc requires a Google email( some rando@gmail.com) addr and a pwd. Where you log (Network etc.) in has no influence and without logging out once you start your browser) that Google Acc is active. But if you are attempting to access from a public machine the admin might of invoked a setting beyond your control which means you have no option but to attempt a new log in. And the same admin might well have resticted certain web addrs which, essentially, means you are screwed.

Now you might have, or activated unknowingly, a setting that clears browser cookies on closure/start-up. In that scenario, Google does not know you so you have to log back in. But, again, reduce the issues by not specifically logging out of YT and just close the browser window.

Having said that, Google can be fussy on the choice of browser. Using the wrong one could mean you go through a loop regardless of knowing your log-in details are correct.
    Quote Quote