VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Please watch the video and go sign the petition if you are against DRM implementation on a free public over the air broadcast TV in the United States:
    https://youtu.be/0b8fiUHt03A
    Please make it sticky to gain more attraction.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thx, @dellsam34, I will be signing tomorrow. Not like they don't already have copy protection mechanisms in place.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I don't see any bright future for ATSC 3.0, Greed destroys everything. The future is internet streaming and online TV channels like Pluto TV. That's what I watch on my TV, Haven't had over the air or cable TV for more than 15 years.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    I don't see any bright future for ATSC 3.0, Greed destroys everything. The future is internet streaming and online TV channels like Pluto TV. That's what I watch on my TV, Haven't had over the air or cable TV for more than 15 years.
    Why did you start this thread then?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What they want to do is have atsc 3.0 encryption on all the free channels so they can charge people for them.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A fair percentage of the people who depend upon free over-the-air TV for news and entertainment can't afford any of the other ways to watch. If local TV stations start charging viewers to watch over-the-air TV, they will permanently lose those viewers.

I was looking forward to the wider adoption of ATSC 3.0. I even bought a TV with an ATSC 3.0 tuner. The terrain here makes it difficult to watch OTA TV in many places but I had pretty good OTA reception with an indoor antenna until I moved into an apartment in September. Since I moved, only a couple of stations are watchable via antenna and they aren't the ones that I used to watch or the 3 that broadcast ATSC 3.0.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 31st Oct 2023 at 11:47.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bwaak View Post
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Why did you start this thread then?
    Because it is not just about me.
    Quote Quote