VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to solve a problem for a friend. She has Windows 7 and used Media Player Classic - Home Cinema to play videos. It works fine for her, with the notable exception that after her system goes to sleep and she wakes it up, some videos will no longer play. I know it gives her problems with MKV files, but I think MP4 files are affected as well. She then has to reboot her system to get them to play. Everything will be fine until her system goes to sleep again, then the problem occurs again.

I've suggested that she try MPC - Black Edition, but she's set in her ways.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Has she updated mpc-hc to the latest version?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Has she updated mpc-hc to the latest version?
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure she only has the last version released through the original developer's site. It was working fine for her up until a while ago, so she didn't feel any need to change. I'll have to walk her through trying the newer version and see if it behaves any differently.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also go through the power options in windows to set how fast windows will wake and so.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Instead of sleeping, try hibernating. In advanced power options, you can set a hibernating time. I haven't tried it but the option is there.
    Quote Quote