VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi so I have been trying to figure out how to add subtitles to a MKV rip I did of my Stargate 1994 Blu-ray. I have managed to find the SRT file I wanted containing just the translation for the ancient egyptian parts but everytime I try to add subs they don't show in media player classic.

I have been using myffmpeg because I also need to recode the audio to AC3. I have tried .srt, .ass and an online utf8 converter becasue I can't tell the original coding for the subtitle file I found.

Are .srt and .ass files supported on makemkv Blu-Ray mkv rips?

Also do I need to remove the PGS subtitle file I dont need as it contians subs for the entire movie did not no that at the time of ripping only want subs for ancient egyptian parts.

Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by thermalzombie; 5th Oct 2023 at 22:02. Reason: Spelling
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thermalzombie View Post
    Hi so I have been trying to figure out how to add subtitles to a MKV rip I did of my Stargate 1994 Blu-ray. I have managed to find the SRT file I wanted containing just the translation for the ancient egyptian parts but everytime I try to add subs they don't show in media player classic.

I have been using myffmpeg because I also need to recode the audio to AC3. I have tried .srt, .ass and an online utf8 converter becasue I can't tell the original coding for the subtitle file I found.

Are .srt and .ass files supported on makemkv Blu-Ray mkv rips?

Also do I need to remove the PGS subtitle file I dont need as it contians subs for the entire movie did not no that at the time of ripping only want subs for ancient egyptian parts.

Thanks for the reply.
    try with MKVToolNix
    and follow the guide - https://www.easytechguides.com/merge-subtitles-with-mkv/
    Quote Quote