VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My dvd recorder are formatting my brand new Philips dvd-rw again and again in a loop when I put them in the dvd recorder for transfer videos from my 8mm tapes to the DVDs and my DVD recorder donīt let me to use them for it. My LG DR4800 is a early 2000s dvd recorder that support DVD-R and RW with a firewire port.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Joscraft_05 View Post
    My dvd recorder are formatting my brand new Philips dvd-rw again and again in a loop when I put them in the dvd recorder for transfer videos from my 8mm tapes to the DVDs and my DVD recorder donīt let me to use them for it. My LG DR4800 is a early 2000s dvd recorder that support DVD-R and RW with a firewire port.
    try formatting the discs in your computer first and then try formatting the discs in your recorder.
    see if that works. or try unplugging your dvd recorder & waiting for a few minutes and then try formatting the disc in the recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried formatting it in my computer and in my recorder that format the DVD automatic when I put it in the recorder and is still in the loop. I will try putting archives from the PC to the DVD to see if is good and I will try to put them in the DVD and unplug the recorder while is doing the format.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Joscraft_05 View Post
    My dvd recorder are formatting my brand new Philips dvd-rw again and again in a loop when I put them in the dvd recorder for transfer videos from my 8mm tapes to the DVDs and my DVD recorder donīt let me to use them for it. My LG DR4800 is a early 2000s dvd recorder that support DVD-R and RW with a firewire port.
    try formatting the discs in your computer first and then try formatting the discs in your recorder.
    see if that works. or try unplugging your dvd recorder & waiting for a few minutes and then try formatting the disc in the recorder.
    I tried formatting the disk in the DVD recorder, it was in the loop obviusly, then I unplug the DVD recorder from the wall and plug them again and now it says is a unknown disk even if is a -RW and my recorder support -RW...

Edit: The thing of "unknown disk" happen when I used the DVD in the computer, another DVD that I never touched and I didnīt used it in a computer before it stay in the "format disk" loop even if I unplug from the wall the recorder or not.

All of this happening with Philips DVD-RW. I have some old Verbatim DVD-R and it works perfectly fine without any problem...
    Last edited by Joscraft_05; 6th Sep 2023 at 17:42.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nothing lasts forever.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    be sure the recording mode will FIT on the disk. Also be sure the BRAND is supported by the original spec.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like your philips disc are hooped and your recorder just can't format it and keeps trying.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote