VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded mp3gain-win-full-1_3_4 and aacgain_1_9 portable versions from VideoHelp and renamed aacgain.exe to mp3gain.exe and placed in the MP3Gain folder and placed a shortcut to MP3GainGUI on my desktop.

I used MP3GainGUI last night to fix the gain on a folder of MP4 files with AAC audio with no problems at all. I got up today with the intension of fixing the rest of my MP4 files and haven’t been able to do anything all day. Everything I try to do, I get an error

I started seeing these errors a couple of months ago for other programs. Usually on Virtualdub, Virtualdub2 and Gif Movie Gear but all I usually do is restart the program and it works fine. I have never seen these errors on any version of Windows that I've had.

Everything I try and do with MP3GainGUI just brings up another error box. Sometimes I get an error log with 20+ errors telling me that MP3GainGUI failed to do what it was trying to do.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you click on "view probelm details" ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM

I have no idea what the problem is. What confuses me is that the program worked fine last night but will not work at all tonight.

I can't get anything from having windows go online for a solution but earlier today it said that mp3gain.exe (or aacgain) was not compatible. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried the program in XP compatibility mode?

Have you tried normal windows troubleshooting such as:
    Chkdsk for the HDD/SSD?

Probably worth running sfc /scannow also to check/repair
    any damaged Windows file

is that Exception code c0000005 just barely visible?
    I would do a search on that and look for clues
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Have you tried the program in XP compatibility mode?

Have you tried normal windows troubleshooting such as:
    Chkdsk for the HDD/SSD?

Probably worth running sfc /scannow also to check/repair
    any damaged Windows file

is that Exception code c0000005 just barely visible?
    I would do a search on that and look for clues
    I tried xp mode and it still didn't work. Looked at the error log and it said that the file was not a valid MP4 file. Looking at the files that would not work, they were encoded with Sorenson Squeeze with MP42 codec. All the MP4 files encoded with x264 work. I spent all day working in the wrong folders.

Looks like I'll have to keep doing what I was doing with those files, using Audacity to fix the audio and convert to AC3 and Virtualdub to convert to AVI.

The rest of the files I can use MP3Gain to fix the audio and just leave as MP4.

I need to find out how to make Audacity automatically set the volume the same for all files instead of having to manually set the volume of each file before converting to AC3.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The problem is with your system.
    Which Windows do you use, with which version?
    Search for winver and run it and post the result here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    The problem is with your system.
    Which Windows do you use, with which version?
    Search for winver and run it and post the result here.
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Microsoft Windows
    Version 6.1 (build 7601: Service Pack 1)

The problem wasn't with the OS. The problem was with the MP4 files (created with MP42 codec) I was trying to use and MP3GainGUI and aacgain.exe not seeing the files as valid MP4 files. I can open these same files in Audacity with no problems.
    Quote Quote