VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone

I'm doing a project at the moment which has audio coming from 2 sources. Basically, what I have is 1 clip that is (relatively) good quality but is missing about 10 seconds from the beginning and another clip that is complete but is very poor quality. By poor quality I mean lots of tape hiss and lacking detail rather than low bitrate.

My audio knowledge is nowhere near as good as my video so I'm struggling to do anything with the poor clip to make it sound better in Audacity.

I was wondering if there is any way to create some sort of plugin that can compare parts of the track that exist in both and build a filter that can then be applied to the whole clip. I'd still use the better source where it exists but I'm hoping to get the missing 10 secs to blend as well as possible.

If there is and someone could give me a novice's step by step on how to use it I would be really grateful.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Izotope RX has an EQ match function, it may help, but seems as if your poor quality file needs a bit more than that.
    RX has a free trial if you're intersted in trying it. ALso, there are probably some VST plugins that may work in Audacity,
    search on VST plugins EQ Match
    Last edited by davexnet; 16th Jun 2023 at 18:22.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can try Spleeter to isolate the vocals from the envirmental noise.
    As mentioned before, izotope is a good app and it has Spleeter built in. Also Acon Acoustica has it built in. But both software apps are not cheep and if you can manage command line then it is totally free. Once you get your vocal or speech track isolated and it is better, you can amplify it if you think it necessary
    Audacity is a good software but it can't isolate vocals. I tried it and was disappointed with it.
    https://acondigital.com/products/acoustica
    https://github.com/deezer/spleeter
    Quote Quote  
  4. Import both clips, align them temporally, then crossfade between them. You may be able to improve the poor quality clip with some noise reduction and a crystality (spectral boost) filter -- before the crossfade.
    Quote Quote