VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is a hypothetical question concerning Go Video decks. Not sure on how this applies to fair use copying of copywrited materials. I have a Go Video unit. I have the really old model DDV9550. Yes, many of us that frequent this website know that these units copy a store-bought Hollywood movie to a blank VHS tape. On how the deck defeats Macrovision, i have no idea. As soon as you put a tape in the deck, does the circuitry that defeats Macrovision immediately engage? If so, if i put a tape in the deck of let's say Forrest Gump, can i hook up my video capture card to the deck, and capture the movie that way, or does the defeat of Macrovision only work when copying from Deck 1 to Deck 2? Also, when copying from tape to tape, does the new tape now have zero Macrovision?

Thanks for any replies.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You have the deck, you are the only one knows how it behaves once you test it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are right. These units are ancient. Very outdated. I guess i will just try it out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Go.Video dual decks are the #1 worst VCR ever made. I'm not exaggerating here, complete POS. It was a bane on the trading scene in the 90s. Lazy bootleggers loved these POS decks, cheap garbage. But the copied tapes looked horrible, often unwatchable.

If I ever come across one of these, I want to make a video of it being destroyed on my driveway. Sort of like the fax/printer scene in Office Space.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote