VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am a Youtube visitor for many years but never, ever upload any video seriously. But more strictly speaking, I have an account that I once uploaded a few videos with copyright just for fun and without any maintenance it has attracted about 2500 subscribers now, I really don't know how it was reached.

Recently I am experiencing financial problems and problems with my work and life, I'd like to start doing something different and try to make some pocket money through Youtube. Is it difficult? What basic equipment I'll need to get started? I mean, accessories... I wouldn't want to buy a professional camera or video recorder, I'll like to stick to my iPhone mini.

Any tips and advice? What to be careful? Do I need one more partner to make things smoother? Is it common to do it as one-man-bank? Thanks for any tips.
    Quote Quote  
  2. For fun I asked your question on Google and received 8,720,000,000 answers.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kenny1999 View Post
    I am a Youtube visitor for many years but never, ever upload any video seriously. But more strictly speaking, I have an account that I once uploaded a few videos with copyright just for fun and without any maintenance it has attracted about 2500 subscribers now, I really don't know how it was reached.

Recently I am experiencing financial problems and problems with my work and life, I'd like to start doing something different and try to make some pocket money through Youtube. Is it difficult? What basic equipment I'll need to get started? I mean, accessories... I wouldn't want to buy a professional camera or video recorder, I'll like to stick to my iPhone mini.

Any tips and advice? What to be careful? Do I need one more partner to make things smoother? Is it common to do it as one-man-bank? Thanks for any tips.
    As far as I know. Being a YouTuber is a full-time job. You need to upload high quality content and you need to do it constantly. You need to show the YouTube itself that your intentions are serious. That way YouTube's algorithms will promote your videos to other user's recommendation tab. At certain point you will have sponsors and your videos will be monetized. Before that happens however, you will be working for free for a couple of months or even years.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone who thinks that one can monetise content that was not created by the user is living in an altenative universe.

Evem those creators that upload original self/created content will discover sooner or later that the money is not flowing to them. And for whatever reason.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ret. Hippie Guitar Player Axel Slingerland's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This guy calls himself Squirrel makes videos reviewing games and gaming hardware on YouTube. He's been at it since 2013 that I know of, but he was pretty well established when I first saw one of his videos. He has 854K subscribers, but also some lucrative sponsorships from various game developers and hardware companies. He is the only YouTuber I know of that has branded gaming computers for sale. He's also a Twitch live-streamer.

Ali Abdaal talks fast, but on YouTube you can slow the videos down, and he explains how YouTube monetization works better than most people. He claims he's a licensed Doctor in the UK, but quit to be a YouTuber. He has 2.86M subscribers.

Rick Beato, a self-proclaimed "producer, composer, audio engineer and music theorist", is a very prolific YouTuber who doesn't monetize some but not all of the videos he posts, but I suspect he's still making bank because he has 2.8M subscribers and who knows how many paying customers for his products.

It seems logical that if that is what you want to do, you should start small and work your way up, and as you make more money, you can upgrade your gear, and if people like your videos, they will watch them and you can make some serious cash. Ali Abdaal claims he made $4.7 Million in 2020. Most of his videos that I have seen he talks about how he does it. If what he says is true, you could change your tax bracket in time. How much time depends on what you put into it, how well YouTube likes yours your channel and content and how well YouTube viewers like your videos.

There's a lot of people making money off of informational videos that have questionable information in them, but people are still watching them. For example there are countless videos on the Yellowstone Supervolcano that are all based on incorrect information. Some of them have even been made by TV networks. The Discovery Network made one called Yellowstone Supervolcano: American Doomsday, and it never once mentions the specific type of volcano it is, and only talks about how not IF but WHEN it blows, it will kill us all. What they finally say in the last two minutes of the show is "It may not happen until far into the future, but when a super eruption is unleashed, it will be spectacular", and that was the "This is all pure speculation" signature. They might as well have said "Remember folks, you heard it first from Charlie!"

My point is, yes, a lot of people are making killer money from monetized videos. But as other people have said, you need some kind of original content. Something that will draw in viewers can't hurt either.
    Last edited by Axel Slingerland; 7th Apr 2022 at 00:47. Reason: Fixing Typos
    Quote Quote