VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here in large Ohio city one can get the first dose of Pfizer vaccine with no appointment or waiting and also they give you a $100 Visa gift card (with no user fees).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well next time there is a pandemic, I'll just wait till they offer gifts before I get vaccinated. I got vaccinated too early this time and missed the handouts.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm guess that there is a low vaccination rate in that Ohio city.

Here in NJ you can walk into any Walgreens and get the vaccine, some have the J&J, some have Moderna and some have Pfizer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The issue here was "walking in" anywhere was not safe, because you have unvaccinated maskless morons everywhere (most people are maskless AND unvaccinated here), and that sometimes included the pharmacy staff giving the vaccines. WTF?

So we had to wait for a drive-up vaccine site to pop up. It did, we got the jab, and that was that.

Even with a still-pathetical low vaccination rate of about 35% in our area, no freebies are being given. Never have, probably never will. "I don't need no vaccine!" as our hospitals are overrun, within people dying in hospitals. Many, many times, the dying are begging for vaccines in their hospital death beds, but it's too late, they don't understand how vaccines work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Surprised that this topic has not been shut down like all the other covid-related ones.

But it's a sad state of affairs when monetary and other associated incentives are handed out to encourage people to have a vaccine when the only incentive should be the rather obvious one.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I agree with DB83.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    But it's a sad state of affairs when monetary and other associated incentives are handed out to encourage people to have a vaccine when the only incentive should be the rather obvious one.
    i agree. but at least here in West Virginia the contests are open to anyone who has gotten a vaccine. so, no one has to wait unless they want to know what they could win. the latest contest (3rd) is limited to ages 5..18 which rules me out. i got my 2 Pfizers back in January and February and got the booster in October. got a flu shot as well. had a small pain in my left arm from the booster. i also had Covid back in December (ruined my Christmas). does that make me immune enough for Thanksgiving?
    Quote Quote  
  9. "does that make me immune enough for Thanksgiving? "

Probably not. Lots of reports of people getting Covid after shots but the symptoms are not bad and they recover much faster and they don't have to go to the hospital.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    > they don't have to go to the hospital.

that's good enough for me. if i am experiencing symptoms i'll stay away from others. my knowledge of the biology is that i can still become infected with whatever come my way but my immune system fights it off in time depending on many things. it has been taught about Covid and Influenza, now, so it should do better against those. but, in theory, i could still spread anything for a while after i get it. they say Pfizer is over 90% effective, but i'd have to read, and understand, the "data" to have a guess what that might mean.

when i did have Covid i was given a monoclonal antibody treatment (one hour IV) the 2nd day. although i was in hospital i never even needed to be on oxygen. i just had a rough cough. 3 days after that all the tests were negative and i stayed another week for quarantine. i was never even in the ICU. i probably got a light load. there were others much sicker than me.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I needed to get an appointment but could pick the type of booster that I wanted. I received a booster (Moderna) and an Influenza shot last week at a Walgreens pharmacy. My mother, who will soon be 102, got the same. We each wore a mask per store policy, but several customers in the store weren't wearing one.

My sister is banned from visiting until she gets vaccinated, which may never happen, although she happily wears a mask in public. Go figure...
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Well next time there is a pandemic, I'll just wait till they offer gifts before I get vaccinated. I got vaccinated too early this time and missed the handouts.
    that's why in my state everyone who has proof of being vaccinated at any time is eligible to win the prizes. now i wish i kept that card.
    Quote Quote  
  13. "wish i kept that card." I suggest you quickly try to get a replacement Vaccine card. You will probably need it in the future. (Especially if you travel) Then just make a copy and put it in your wallet. Put the original with your passport so that you can locate it later if needed.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    actually i did keep the card.

but i did hear about the case where some very early vaccination programs in one city were in such a hurry to get people vaccinate they did not take ID or record who got them. there were no cards given out. around 400 first doses were given out that day. most of those people came in for the second dose three weeks later and were then told they needed to have an ID. there were a lot of situations where elderly simply had no ID. i wonder if that is driving the plateaued turnout of the elderly. they don't drive. although the state does offer a non-driver ID card, very few people ever need one and very few have gotten one. so i can just imagine the nurse asking for an ID card and being refused when they don't have one then they go home and never come back.

i did get CoViD. my symptoms were mild and i didn't even lose my sense of taste. the vaccine came out when i had it. i got the two doses starting two weeks after no more symptoms. i did get the antibodies IV thing when i first got it. it seemed to help.
    Quote Quote