Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    Well, at least you can reuse them

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By all means burn that downloaded movie to a disk - it will not work as such. So do not say that we did not tell you so.

But I still question the reluctance to give the info that has been requested. So I will try another even more fundamental approach. Take a photo of the front and back of the case holding this 'audio-book'. Upload the photos as attachments to a reply here.

You must understand that without even the basic info how do you expect help ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redrose View Post
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Back in reply #12 I set out the process in getting 'movies' to play in your players from a dvd-disk.

But you do not have a 'movie' do you ? So we must concentrate on a method to get your audio-book playable. So post that mediainfo report as Scott mentioned. we can take it from there then.
    Okay. Either my son felt sorry for me or got tired of listening to me moan and groan, he bought the audio book for me. Thank you son! And today all the discs I ordered arrived. I uninstalled flick, sorry flick. And downloaded imgburn. So I will download a movie <Snip> that I was going to order and try to burn it. I will get back to you helpful lads after I burn it. fingers crossed.
    Since VideoHelp members are not allowed to post the names of websites that offer warez, I edited your post.

Glad to see that your son bought you the commercial release of the audiobook. If the audiobook that you were trying to burn to disc was also a free download it may not have been a file format that a DVD player or CD player could play.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^Well not sure about you but I am still confused.

Maybe a need some yes or no's

1. Did the audio-book referred to in your initial post play anywhere before your attempt to burnt it to the CD-R
    2. Does the audio-book that your son has now bought for you play in your player(s)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ^^Well not sure about you but I am still confused.

Maybe a need some yes or no's

1. Did the audio-book referred to in your initial post play anywhere before your attempt to burnt it to the CD-R
    2. Does the audio-book that your son has now bought for you play in your player(s)
    Sorry for the late reply. I became frustrated and had to walk away. Here are the pics of the audio book my son bought me. Gosh, it was expensive. I had a problem getting the 2 pictures into the computer. For some unknown reason 3,500 pictures came into my phone. And there was another frustration. Sigh. The audio books do play on my TV. So I'm looking at the 50 CD disks I have. And was thinking. If I could down load some audio books and transfer them to the CD's I could put them in the reading room where I Volunteer, for the semi blind/blind due to diabetes. How does that sound?

Okay, I see the 'Upload Image', but when I click on it, it is a black square with white going in a circle. Is it broken? I think maybe I got the first pic up. Maybe. So frustrating this stuff is. I don't know how you guys do it.

[Attachment 60074 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    and here is the second picture. Now that I finally got them into my computer, I am putting them up.

[Attachment 60077 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh dear. Sorry. Upside down. I don't know how that happened. It is right side up in my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Back in reply #12 I set out the process in getting 'movies' to play in your players from a dvd-disk.

But you do not have a 'movie' do you ? So we must concentrate on a method to get your audio-book playable. So post that mediainfo report as Scott mentioned. we can take it from there then.
    Okay. Either my son felt sorry for me or got tired of listening to me moan and groan, he bought the audio book for me. Thank you son! And today all the discs I ordered arrived. I uninstalled flick, sorry flick. And downloaded imgburn. So I will download a movie <Snip> that I was going to order and try to burn it. I will get back to you helpful lads after I burn it. fingers crossed.
    Since VideoHelp members are not allowed to post the names of websites that offer warez, I edited your post.

Glad to see that your son bought you the commercial release of the audiobook. If the audiobook that you were trying to burn to disc was also a free download it may not have been a file format that a DVD player or CD player could play.
    It was a free trial download. So is that why it doesn't play. If so thank you for the information. Would I have to go to a paid site, would that work?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM

Oh sorry, Thank you for editing. I did look up warez, now I understand.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was a free trial download. So is that why it doesn't play. If so thank you for the information. Would I have to go to a paid site, would that work?
    If your purchased audiobook was on a CD disc then it was made to be playable with an audio CD player. Your TV's DVD player can also play audio CDs like a CD player.

Free or paid audiobook download files are often not designed to be playable with a CD player since those who play them often choose to use a computer. Computers can play more kinds of audio files than a CD player or a DVD player can play.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Legally, you would not be allowed to take the contents from the disks, burn the contents to other CD-Rs and share them even in the envoirment you mention.

Whether you still do it, you do it at your own risk and are on your own - or what you can glean from other sources.

Now had you not mentioned the potential sharing ............
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Legally, you would not be allowed to take the contents from the disks, burn the contents to other CD-Rs and share them even in the envoirment you mention.

Whether you still do it, you do it at your own risk and are on your own - or what you can glean from other sources.

Now had you not mentioned the potential sharing ............
    Oh, okay, thanks. Well that puts that idea down the toilet. I will have to think of something else to do with the CD's.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If your purchased audiobook was on a CD disc then it was made to be playable with an audio CD player. Your TV's DVD player can also play audio CDs like a CD player.

Free or paid audiobook download files are often not designed to be playable with a CD player since those who play them often choose to use a computer. Computers can play more kinds of audio files than a CD player or a DVD player can play.
    Oh. Unfortunately I like to sit in the easy chair and work and listen while I work, not at the computer. Seems nothing in life is easy.
    Quote Quote