VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello All,

Please stay safe during these crazy times!
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Third topic.

Maybe this one stays longer than the 2nd one (first closed down due to off-topic/political comments)
    Quote Quote  
  3. I never saw the other ones LOL

In any event, this is just telling everyone to stay safe, so we can continue to post in the future
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now that it's officially endorsed, I'm wearing a mask when I need to interact with others. I still need to go to the grocery store once a week and to the pharmacy a couple of times a month. One of the two pharmacies that I use has drive-through service and I was lucky enough to get on the schedule for curbside grocery pickup twice.

I need to start driving the car around a little more just to keep the battery charged and circulate the engine oil. Other than that, I'm staying home.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Deceased
    Search PM
    I wouldn't go anywhere near a grocery store. The delivery works fine. Leave the non-perishable items in the garage for a few days to allow all of the virus to degenerate.

The bigger issue is that paper items like towels and bath tissue aren't reliably available. The same for dish soap, hand soap, and disinfecting wipes of any kind. For food items, butter and eggs are a crapshoot many days. If this goes on for a year or two it may start to become a real inconvenience.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The large grocery chain here that offers curbside grocery pickup at many stores also offers home delivery service at most of the same locations -- but getting on the delivery schedule is very difficult. I haven't succeeded yet.

As to the scarcity of paper products, one of the US cable news outlets investigated and it turns out that hoarding was only a factor early on. The ongoing scarcity is caused by more people spending their days at home instead of at work or at school and the factories that make paper products for the home can't keep up with the increased demand. Businesses and schools buy a different grade of paper products made in other factories and those suppliers are unable to find enough buyers for their products.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 15th Apr 2020 at 20:54.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Deceased
    Search PM
    That's what I did. I bought the business style paper products on amazon. C-fold paper towels and bath tissue that comes on a roll the size of a spare tire. It was still hard to get even those on amazon.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Stay Safe, Exile ©
    Quote Quote  
  9. I wish it will be over soon
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rain26 View Post
    I wish it will be over soon
    Everyone wishes. We have to hope for the best.
    Quote Quote