VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. #Edit
    Got it to work by changing some of the timing settings with the help of another thread that was recommended under this one in "Similar Threads".
    These settings fixed my problem:
    [Attachment 47470 - Click to enlarge]

Hi!

So everything is working fine with my EasyCAP DC60 capture card for analog video to digital video except one thing, the audio and video are not synced up. It's out of sync from the start of the capture and the out-of-sync is consistent, about 2-3 seconds during the entire capture (but when I do audio playback when "previewing" in VirtualDub it's synced up with the video).

I noticed that it always "freezes" during the start of the capture in VirtualDub for like 2-3 seconds.

When playing it back (the captured clip) with Windows Media Player or in VirtualDub the audio always plays instantly but the video is frozen at the start for about 2-3 seconds then it plays but is obviously out of sync and at the end of the clip the audio cuts out and it's just the video playing for about 2-3 seconds (time left till clip-duration is over).

Not sure what the problem is, I have looked into the whole timing thing in VirtualDub and tried different settings but with no success, I also tried post-prossecc interleaving but for some reason it wouldn't change the audio syncing one bit whatever I put the "Delay audio track by" to (i tried both positive and negative: 300, -300)
    Last edited by p0zopa; 13th Dec 2018 at 08:08. Reason: Solved the problem
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for posting your solution. Many gave up using Virtualdub for capture, turning instead to Iuvcr or AmarecTV
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Thanks for posting your solution. Many gave up using Virtualdub for capture, turning instead to Iuvcr or AmarecTV
    Yeah I was very close to going over to AmarecTV but thankfully the problem got solved.
    Quote Quote