VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Panasonic Viera TV won't play the video files I created from my iMac, which I copied onto a flash drive and on an SD card. If I burn them to a DVD and use my Bluray player it works fine. I usually create them in MP4 format.
    How can I watch the videos on my USB flash drive?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look up your TV model's tech specs, and see what formats it can play. Then conform to what ever it supports.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Panasonic manual says it supports SD-Video Standard version 1.2, (MPEG-2 and AVCHD Standard compatible with either MPEG-1/Layer-2 Format.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    model number?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What file system?
    Quote Quote  
  6. or just search its model number on google and check the formats it can play

or just visit Official Panasonic Site
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    your blu ray player from disc , outputs HDMI signal
    it IS NOT sending the mp4 video file to the TV, the BR is sending the same thing it would send if playing a store bought movie disc
    the BR is doing the playing and converting
    for the USB port
    you have to use the exact format, the specs support, NOT what the BR player supports

Try creating an MPEG2 file instead of MP4 file
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its a Panasonic TC-P54G20 TV..........I will go back to my iVideo program and see if I can change the video to an MPEG 2 format.
    Thanks and please excuse me........I am new at this and am not familiar with all the technical terms relating to video editing software.https://forum.videohelp.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I read the manual and it said it will play mpeg2 and avchd files as stated before,not sure if the files can be mp4 or mkv,try outputting an avchd with tsmuxer and see it that works,i think the files have to be avchd compliant such as blu-ray standards except that the audio can only go up to dolby digital so if it's dts that might be an issue.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could you try this please?

Format the card to exFAT. Then create a folder named PRIVATE in its root directory.
    Put your videofile or -folder in that directory and see if it plays.

Remembering some issues with sd-card playback with panny TV's/BD-players, another thing you can do is creating output with MultiAVCHD, which has some dedicated output setting for Panasonic.

cheers
    Quote Quote