VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all.. please help me,
    I'm using SmartRipper 2.40, it was just fine yesterday, and today I installed some softwares, now each time I start SmartRipper, it says "no DVD found". So I can't rip any DVDs

Also, now each time I start Nero, it says "Could not open driver. Trying system aspi". But then after that the Nero can operate normally.

What could be wrong? How can I fix it? Thanks very much
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sounds like you need an ASPI.
    Maybe you lost it somehow...
    Get it in the tools section of this site, and install in the same folder as smartripper.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sound's like you need to reinstall Windows, you know that it is recomended that you reinstall your OS every 6-12 months.
    DVD to VCD made eazy
    http://www.eazyvcd.tk
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jimot,
    It might help if you included in your post exactly what software you recently installed prior to experiencing this problem. Another burning program perhaps? If so this could have damaged your ASPI layer or overwritten it. Also there is newer version of SmartRipper available (2.41 I believe as of this date) that has few bug fixes in it. Nero also posted an update a couple of days ago, v.5.9.9.9, so might want to consider upgrading them and see if it fixes your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I installed DVDx and then uninstall it, then I install TMPGenc.

I've tried the Adaptec ASPI driver and the other one ASPI driver from the tool section, but still smartripper says "No DVD Found".

Then I use nero's ASPI and followed the instructions, then my Nero goes back to normal but smartripper stays the same.
    I'm using win98SE.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know this is a very stupid question but do you put a DVD in the drive when you open Smartripper? Try using a different ripper. Try DVD Decrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, I did put the DVD disc in my DVD-Rom

I already tried DVD Decrypter and it works!
    But I'm still wondering what happened with smartripper, it was just fine the other day...

Anyway, what's the difference between the 2 ripper? Which is better?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What ripper you use is a personal choice,each one has it's advocates. I prefer Smartripper,I find it more versitle than others. DVD Decrypter is O.K.,but I have never gotter it to work in stream mode without locking up my computer. Have you tried re-intalling Smartripper 2.41 ?
    Quote Quote