VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US...videohelp.com/

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for videohelp.com

What is the current listing status for videohelp.com?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
    Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 39 time(s) over the past 90 days.
    What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 33314 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 9 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-08-27, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-08-25.Malicious software includes 60 exploit(s), 45 trojan(s), 14 backdoor(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 6 new process(es) on the target machine.
    Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including java.ns02.us/.
    This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS16265 (LEASEWEB), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone), AS9143 (AtHome Benelux BV).
    Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, videohelp.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 1 site(s) including vcdhelp.com/.
    Has this site hosted malware?
    Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 0 domain(s), including .
    How did this happen?
    In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
    Next steps:Click image for larger version

Name:	blocked.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	13671
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's a www.openx.com security hole. I use it for the banners.

It is highly recommended to install this update as soon as possible, because it contains a number of security fixes. The version of OpenX which you are currently using might be vulnerable to certain attacks and is probably not secure. For more information about upgrading please read the documentation which is included in the files below.
    I have removed the javascript and fixed the hole temporarily. And I'm updating openx now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Should we be watching for something on our pcs? i've always trusted videohelp... i know your (Baldrick) work is 5 stars...but no one is perfect...should we just ignore it? Thats what i did.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I was getting a big read screen in Chrome and thinking WTF because I know the site is safe (at least when I'm NOT around) LOL
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ricardouk View Post
    Should we be watching for something on our pcs? i've always trusted videohelp... i know your (Baldrick) work is 5 stars...but no one is perfect...should we just ignore it? Thats what i did.
    Are you using internet explorer 6?
    Or you didn't click OK on any JAVA-security applet popup?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting to read this.

During my visits here over the last few days, Norton has reported the existance of a trojan (which it safely removed). I usually run an ad-blocker so I do not see the banner ads. The ad-blocker was turned off in this instance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Are you using internet explorer 6?
    Or you didn't click OK on any JAVA-security applet popup?
    no and no...just asking Baldrick... thanks
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-27_161648.png
Views:	240
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	13673

google is insisting it's more than a fluke this time. they are reporting that the openx/java.ns02.us is actually infecting computers with trojans/virus/malware without clicking on anything. you are reported and on the stopbadware.org list also.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just a javascript can't infect a computer with a virus. But it's usually a javascript with a java-applet that can infect your computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    are they using the script to serve an ad with an applet?
    Last edited by aedipuss; 27th Aug 2012 at 18:19.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen JS infect computers. Fake anti-malware tools are most common. It takes no interaction on the part of the recipient (infectee), and can happen from Firefox.

Generally speaking, the exploit is launched from a secondary site, so anybody using NoScript is (more) protected.

I was infected with crap in 2011, and started to use NoScript again because of it.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have found the cracker in the logs. He started messing around on August 24th and updated the banners today at 17.43(GMT+1) with the javascript code.

But it shouldn't be possible now. I have updated openx and also added an extra login. Try access www.videohelp.com/oxp/www/admin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1? jeez before i gave up and shut down my forum for good i had hundreds of russian/chinese/east europeans trying to pwn it everyday....
    --
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, just one for this security hole. According to the logs it looks kinda complex.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Firefox (based on the Google list) started blocking the site sometime yesterday (27 Aug) between 3 and 8 p.m. Berlin, Germany time. Now (ca. 3:30 pm) the site is accessible again. Just for the heck of it, though, I'm gonna check my computer with an online virus scanner.

Anyway. I'm glad you're available again.
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just checked my machine with the BitDefender online scanner, and it didn't find anything (whew!).
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    would it be better...or safer...to just try and turn this safebrowsing.clients.google thing off and use anti-virus etc to do its job or would it had not detected this sort of thing?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i didn't see any problem
    Quote Quote