VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've downloaded a Movie from the internet (AVI), and I want to ad a subtitle on it with Virtual Dub.

- I've loaded my Avi into Virtual Dub
    - Put the audio on Direct Stream
    - By Video I've added my Subs
    - And I choose the DIVX 4 codec to Compress the video
    - And finally I've saved the Avi

After 45 minutes the Virtual Dub is done saving the new Avi, but the Audio / Video is out of sync. I really don’t have a clue what I've done wrong!!! I hope that somebody can help me!

Thx
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Put the audio on Direct Stream
    Try full processing mode, or save out the audio uncompressed before you work with the sub's
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That also doesn't work. I'll already tried that.

I really don't have a clue anymore, because I tried everything, and it won't work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah...I have a very similar problem. Everytime I try to cut an avi file in half (to burn it to a 2-disc vcd), the video and audio are out of sync. I never have a problem with the first half of the movie, its just the second half. This problem has never really occured throughout the other times ive made vcds so thats why it really confused me. And yes...Ive tried many things to try fix it...
    e.g. -putting the video and audio both on direct stream
    -cutting the video and ripping the .wav audio from it (both
    at the exact same frame)
    -etc.
    If theres any assistance that anyone can give...PLEASE help me out. thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xxBladExx
    That also doesn't work. I'll already tried that.

I really don't have a clue anymore, because I tried everything, and it won't work.
    Did you scan for junk frames, before you did anything else ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, not yet, but I'll shall try that to.

Thx
    Quote Quote  
  7. randem_intalect:

Instead of splitting the AVI, usually I frameserve from VirtualDub to TMPGEnc and specify the range of frames I want encoded in TMPGEnc. You might try it that way and see if it stays in sync.

Or you could encode the entire AVI then cut the MPG file afterward.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xxBladExx
    No, not yet, but I'll shall try that to.

Thx
    Ah, then you have a problem.. Junk frames have to be removed before any of the other work is done, they will cause lip sync on the convertion
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yeah, Ive tried framserving already....still out of sync. Everytime I open up a movie file in VirtualDub, this pop-up appears:

VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 4763 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 148.0 *plus sign over minus sign* 18.6 kbps)

And so yeah...I have no clue cuz im not that smart. Also, in the quote, i put "plus over minus sign" because i dont know how to type that out on my keyboard..haha. Anyways, I need help!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, guys I want to thank you all for helping me. I already solved the problem. It is very simple if you know what you have to do.

I made a mistake in the beginning because I installed different codes like:
    Divx 3:11 & 4
    DIVX 5
    Nimo codec

What I did is; I just uninstalled all the codecs and just reinstalled one
    (Divx 3:11) and voila I don't have problems anymore. :P
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by randem_intalect
    Yeah, Ive tried framserving already....still out of sync. Everytime I open up a movie file in VirtualDub, this pop-up appears:

VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 4763 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 148.0 *plus sign over minus sign* 18.6 kbps)

And so yeah...I have no clue cuz im not that smart. Also, in the quote, i put "plus over minus sign" because i dont know how to type that out on my keyboard..haha. Anyways, I need help!
    Then if that same AVI had junk frames, you need to save out both the audio and video using full processing mode and uncompressed. I don't see how un-installing codec's can resolve this problem, you still have VBR in the AVI
    Quote Quote  
  12. If I encode the entire avi, won't it be huge? Will I still be able to cut it and play it on my dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  13. question?? What has changed with VDub. Used to be able to do this in my sleep. Now what use to work doesn't. If I convert a file the way VDub request, the file is huge for have a movie. I would be using 4 cds to 1 movie file. Whats up???
    Quote Quote  
  14. Don't know who you are, but I love you!!!! Have been in the forum for more than an hour searching for a way to correct audio being out of sync. I spent hours today trying to master saving wav and extracting wav and joining and all that. I was just about at my end when someone in the forum suggested...USE THE OLDER VERSION OF VIRTURAL DUB AND THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY . Deleted 4.1 installed(after searching for it)3.1 and PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!. Video>Direct Stream, Audio>Full Processing Mode or you might lose audio in the middle of your avi. Good luck. I looked for you Whoever you are to thank you for the simple logical suggestion you made. Thanks Again!!! :P
    Quote Quote  

15. ok, i'll been trying to cut the credits out to reduce size with vdub.
    very few of the movies worked, VERY FEW! having in-syne problems many times.
    then i used nandub, with the same procedure as vdub-directstreamcopy for audio/video; it worked! NO OUT_OF_SYNE PROBLEMS, hehe.

i also try just burning the +700meg file and it worked ____717meg file was the highest i've tried.

ok, good luck sperm ~~~~~(-|-)
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Vdub and TMPGEnc both work well, however with the many different systems out there, There are bound to be problems. Perhaps missing codec's, or different OS. This does not mean the programs are at fault at all.

Most of the time people do not have problems with these programs, if you do and find something else that works... Great, but that does not mean it will be the same for anyone else.
    Quote Quote