VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. A while back like alot of people I upgrade to xp pro ntfs, before I had Me fat32. I have a liteon 12x dvd drive that before used to rip at 10x now it only goes at the most 2x I rip to a western digital 80gig 7200rpm harddrive almost brand new and it still goes at 2x. I don't know if its maybe that NTFS is slower that fat32 or my ASPI drivers are to old.
    I have the adaptec 4.57 ASPI, or maybe I can tweak smartripper2.41 or change the ASPI drivers. I would like to here what everyone else has compared to mine(drivers and version of smartripper that is)or can offer a solution of why it slowed down.
    I have done speed test with nero speedcd and it always has an average of 10x.
    Oh by the way DMA is not turned on its always on PIO I have set it on DMA IF AVAILABE but it never changes, maybe its becaude of the drivers, Its an ATAPI drive. I also have a pioneer dvr103 and it also never changes to DMA
    Well Am gonna shut up now, I just would like to know what every1 else has and maybe offer a solution!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try this ASPI version,
    http://onemanshow.netfirms.com/files/aspi4all.exe
    16xDVD on win2000pro NTSF, normal rip speed between 5-9x always.
    Quote Quote