VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Takes me 4 hrs to reencode a 5 gig file to 4.3 to burn onto DVD+R using rempeg. Any other programs faster with better quality??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well thats pretty fast, I never used ReMPEG but I hear it's decent quality. Look into CCE (Cinemacraft Encoder), it may take longer than 4hrs (depending on your computer speed and RAM) but the quality will be top notch. TMPGEnc is a slow-poke but does a very nice job also. Search the forums for CCE information and also take a look at Doom9.net's forums for the same.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Cool..I have a AMD XP 2000+ with 512 Megs of DDR333. Rempeg isnt as much memory dependent as it is CPU. I definitely have the horsepower..just looking for the fastest and best quality. Thanks for the info...other suggestions would be great
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that's really the only suggestion you need, CCE SP is fast (encodes in realtime) and it's hands down the best mpeg-2 encoder anywhere. use the doom9 guides for CCE-IFO edit http://www.doom9.org/mpg/ifoedit-cce.htm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPG is all i have to say!

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well he is wanting mpeg-2 output, and while tmpegenc is great for mpeg-1 it's very sub-standard for mpeg-2 and it takes a God-awful long time to do it. but thanks for only saying tmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well I used DVD2SVCD using CCE 2.5SP, and whilst it isn't that quick on my machine (PIII 850Mhz), it does yield impressive results !
    Panther

All say Grrrrrrrrrr......................
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The thing I dont like about CCE is while encoding it slows your system to a stand still. While encoding w/ TMPG I can still use my system with to lag.

As far as TMPG being slow.....I have a Duron 1.2ghz w/ 512mb it takes about 9hrs. to do a 2-pass with a min of 300 and max of 2496. avg depends on the movie but always try for 2 disks. To me thats not really slow, I encode while at work or sleeping so its no big deal!!!!!

L8

Quote Quote