VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My question is on video I have, it has two audio & that is mp3 English & another language. So I would to remove this another language & keep the mp3 English. So my question how do I do this with either free software or open source software?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    the file is in .avi format or .mkv?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its .avi with MPEG-4 Visual for video codec
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by speedy45 View Post
    My question is on video I have, it has two audio & that is mp3 English & another language. So I would to remove this another language & keep the mp3 English.

Hi
    Maybe AVI-Mux GUI will allow you to make a new avi containing the video track and just the English audio track.
    From here:- http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok bat999 I will test that & let you know, well it didn't work because I heard the English audio from the movie, but I heard person speaking another language & can't figure out to take this person out from the movie?
    Last edited by speedy45; 16th Oct 2011 at 20:00.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Open the file with virtualdubmod and go to streams-->stream list. there you will find the two audio streams your .avi has. click "disable" on the stream you don't want and save again the .avi. don't forget to check "direct stream copy" on the video options so as not to encode the video again.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Potentially need more info, speedy45. Are you talking about either:
    1) English on one side and another language on the other side of the same audio track?
    - or -
    2) You hear someone speaking another language, quite possibly Russian, on top of English and you want to remove that language leaving the English behind?

I'm thinking you are talking about #2. You can't do it. End of story.
    If you mean #1, it can be done.

Your posts are very unclear. Your first one seems to indicate 2 different audio tracks and yes, you can certainly remove one of those, but your later posts seems to indicate it is actually scenario #2 in my list.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well Mildragon, I only see one audio stream.
    also jman98 yeah its #2 for sure. Is there a reason why I can't remove this person speaking while the movie is being played in English?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Because it's like taking the SUGAR out of a too-sugary cake. Theoretically possible, but that's it. It would be easier to OWN the rights and Master Tapes (Films/Files) to the movie and remix it.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok guys, thanks guys for your help.
    Quote Quote