VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avidemux 2.5 video is out of sync an same with flvjoin videos are flv4 mp3 audio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AviDemux has an option to adjust the audio sync so long as it's constant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    FLV is a bastard, dead-end file format. Once something is in FLV even the best of programs choke on it. Find another source.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    FLV is a bastard, dead-end file format. Once something is in FLV even the best of programs choke on it. Find another source.
    damn there no other source i might just crop and convert each part to xvid and join them together
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are different types of flv. The popular one nowadays is h264/aac in an flv container. It is no different than an mp4 or mkv except for the container.

You could try flvjoin to join flv files.

You could also try flvextract (it gives the framerate of the file) and put the streams into an mkv or mp4 container.

The new versions of Virtualdub will open flv with fcchandler's flv plugin and aacacm. If the audio is nellymoser then you'll have a very hard time trying to work with these files. Nellymoser is a proprietary format and I don't know of any software that will convert it to something usable.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've only just found out that there's more than one FLV, when VLC told me it only handles FLV* (have forgotten what the number was)

The recordings play fine in VLC, but I was trying out VLC to convert, just for the sake of it, having read about it whilst browsing the forum. Also today, AvideMux wouldn't handle my recordings.

How do I find out which FLV my recordings are, please? They're screen-captures done by Debut.

(I choose to record in FLV because everything else takes so long to upload to YouTube, and the original quality is nothing to write home about, it's the subject matter that's important.)
    Quote Quote