VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all I have a question on TV’s that use usb pen drives to record on to. I have been thinking that if I purchase an external 1 terabyte hdd drive and add the file structure from the pen drive this mite work? I know this wont work but if you could add a prog for editing files on hdd direct on TV screen like my now dead Panasonic hdd&dvdr standalone a little prog like that and an external USB drive if it works the way I think it mite just think of all the hassle it would cut out so my question is would any of what im saying work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by TagFan View Post
    Hi all I have a question on TV’s that use usb pen drives to record on to.
    Never heard of one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome TagFan

There are many new lcd tv's on the market with record to usb as a feature ... the only difference between a pen / flash drive or an external hd is the hd has to be powered from an external source ... most come with a power brick.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome TagFan

There are many new lcd tv's on the market with record to usb as a feature ... the only difference between a pen / flash drive or an external hd is the hd has to be powered from an external source ... most come with a power brick.
    Thanks for the welcome and your reply I thought that mite be the case so I am picking up a drive at weekend and try it out only draw back will be that I have to bring it back to computer to edit files if only some clever prog chaps could develop a prog to edit on TV screen a simple cut join prog to edit the adds out idd even buy a prog like that
    Quote Quote