VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm not too sure if it belongs here but I figured I'd try.
    I'm currently timing a series and I'm looking for a media player that shows milliseconds...
    Up until now I timed 2 episodes using Windows Movie Maker because both files were AVI it came out great.
    Now I have the rest of the episodes which are MP4's and WMM doesn't work with those so I can't use it.
    I tried GOM player, VLC, WMP and no luck.
    I tried timing with Aegisub but I'm not good with all of the software so it came out a mess, I prefer the old fashioned txt file method.But I really need software that shows milliseconds!!
    Can anybody please help me?

(if it doesn't belong to this Forum please delete it)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's not a player per se, but displays what you are asking for - avidemux
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks I tried it but...it crushed because it can't play H.264 well (that's what the error message said anyway):/
    Any more suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you are using ffdshow for mpc, you can checkmark the avisynth option and type info() (you need avisynth installed)

Or you can use avisynth separately in avspmod or vdub and type info() . IMO this is preferred, because you have the choice of a frame accurate source filter instead of directshow which is use by mpc . Directshow is not necessarily frame accurate and can "lose its place" especially on seeks . avspmod actually lists the time in ms at the bottom without info()

e.g
    FFMpegsource2("video.mp4", atrack=-1)
    Info()

You can also play the .avs directly in mpc if you need to hear the audio timing . This way it's routed through ffms2 instead of directshow
    Quote Quote