VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. MPEG Streamclip has been working fine for me, converting video files for editing in Final Cut Express.

I just installed Final Cut Pro 7, and upon my first attempt thereafter to export a conversion in Streamclip, it gives me an "Audio Decoding Error".

That has never happened before, and I tried again, selecting "No Sound" and then it works fine, but obviously I want to create files with sound!

Any ideas what has happened?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't mention what audio codec was used in your source file, or what format the source file is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The source file in this case was a .MOV with codecs H.264, Integer (Little Endian) and I had converted parts of it, and other files of the same type before with no problem.

I've tried deleting FCP, but it seems I haven't undone whatever happened fully, because the issue with Streamclip remains. Obviously I'd rather find the manual fix, rather than resort to a full wipe and reinstall of my system and hope that does it...

Thanks again for any ideas/info.
    Quote Quote  
  4. In lieu of finding a fix, I resorted to a full wipe and reinstall of my system, and the issue appears to have been resolved.
    Quote Quote