VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know of two :
    1)Audacity
    2)Wavosaur.
    Are there any other which r free,have vst support, and easy to use like sound forge etc?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reaper isn't free, but it is very reasonable in price, and will run indefinitely, albeit with a nag after 30 days. Or you can install the next version (it is updated frequently)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes i like too reaper,but it says if u like it then buy it.Can i use it forever,without buying?Will that be legal?
    Also whether it will allow rendering without any gaps or sounds in the exported file?
    Last edited by babypotato; 17th Jul 2011 at 08:07.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by babypotato View Post
    Yes i like too reaper,but it says if u like it then buy it.Can i use it forever,without buying?Will that be legal?
    Also whether it will allow rendering without any gaps or sounds in the exported file?
    No it's contrary to the Cockos license to use Reaper after 30 days, however as guns1inger says the software remains uncrippled after 30 days apart from a 5-second nag screen. It's like an "honour system" - very trusting of the Cockos developers, I must say. But the price is so reasonable - and the software so superb - why not just do the right thing & pay for the license? It's only $40 - and you're getting software that rivals the likes of Pro-Tools etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by "rendering without any gaps or sounds in the exported file"?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for clarifying,
    And what i meant was after 30 days will there be any kind of restrictions while exporting?Some softwares (in trial) applies a short gap and others introduce some clicks at regular interval in the exported audio. Any such restrictions after 30 days.?Anyways its illegal as u have said.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Have a look at the free version of Zynewave's Podium as well
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by babypotato View Post
    And what i meant was after 30 days will there be any kind of restrictions while exporting?
    No, it is "uncrippled" trial-ware (apart from the 5-second nag screen). You can read more on their own "purchase" page.

In fact, the Cockos business model is so cool, it is great motivator to buy a $40 license, in my honest opinion. I could be dishonest & just keep using Reaper for free, but I like to support software like this, it's a refreshing thing.
    Last edited by chowmein; 17th Jul 2011 at 18:40.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks chowmein for clarifying,thanks smpse as well.
    Quote Quote