VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a small multi purpose room that I sometimes use as a living/dining room for entertainment and sometimes as a classroom for teaching in my home. In either situation I will use my htpc but I need to be able to position the computer in different places for the different uses. I want to buy a 5.1 speaker system and foresee a nightmare with cables if I am moving the pc. I was thinking that a way around this would be to install a cable system on 3 of the walls of the room, 2 long walls and the adjoining wide wall. The wiring system would form a square L shape. Along this square L I could install different ports to plug in either my pc or the speakers. Another option might be wireless speakers, but the last time I looked they were way out of my budget. Would this work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by haopengyou
    Another option might be wireless speakers, but the last time I looked they were way out of my budget. Would this work?
    I would check again. I know sony is trying some wireless stuff with some kind of system called air link or whatever. It might be that they have gotten good enough to be down into the regular price range.

In a pinch you could look into ghz wireless speakers. I don't think the fidelity would be the same as wired speakers - ie interference. But I could be wrong.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote