Poll: How much tv do you watch a week?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by lacywest View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Most of what I watch comes from the UK.
    So ... are you a Doctor Who ... fan ?? ... I miss ... David Tennant ... the new Doctor Who ... will take some getting use too.

Do you watch ... Primeval .... ?

Did you watch ... Torchwood ... ?

I think I heard ... Torchwood is coming back.

Did you watch ... Survivors ............. My wife and I ... enjoyed that show ... I guess it was too expensive ... too many actors on payroll. The mother never did hook up with her son !!
    Yes, I've watched all of those shows. Both the old and new Survivors and Doctor Who. Also Blake's 7, Red Dwarf, Hitchhiker's Guide, the various Quatermass TV series and movies, anything by Nigel Neale. Australia and New Zealand have had lots of good show too. Rain Shadow, Seachange, Always Greener, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Reality TV is killing the quality pogrammes that have become a thing of the past. In the UK variety shows have been removed and stopped being produced and replaced with cheap reality rubbish and programmes that requires the public to vote is produced to make money from us instead of quality entertainment.

For those over 45yrs they have seen the growth and better times of TV and the quality has fallen away dramaticially. Saturday night used be a night to stay in, now it`s the opposite. With TV recorders one can now be selective in recording a few programmes a week in advance and watching them when you have time to kill.

Very few programmes come near the word fantastic and it`s all be done before during past years. Cowboy and indian past film scripts being revamped to cops and robber programmes of today...what goes round goes around you might say for the next generation.... same old same old for many of us.

Something new and worth watching is very rare nowdays.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LOWTECH View Post
    Reality TV is killing the quality pogrammes that have become a thing of the past.
    I generally agree. There are still a few good shows being produced though. Lost was pretty good (although it ran on too long). Battlestar Galactica (the new version) was very good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Reality TV" is a cancer in television programming today.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TV has lost its way in providing good entertainment........

One for you USA folk..... How do you put up with all the adverts before, during and after programmes. Has it become a way of life to you or does it annoy you.

The UK is bad enough with at least 4 advert breaks per hour.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by LOWTECH View Post
    TV has lost its way in providing good entertainment........

One for you USA folk..... How do you put up with all the adverts before, during and after programmes. Has it become a way of life to you or does it annoy you.

The UK is bad enough with at least 4 advert breaks per hour.
    I don't watch live tv anymore. I record everything I want to watch on my TiVo. Then I watch later and skip the ads.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also watch pretty much everything after recording it - but counted this as watching TV in my response - you get through an hour of TV in 45 minutes by skipping the commercials, and it's far more enjoyable. In terms of what I watch, I'm pretty picky, I love Qi (sadly not running at the moment), occasionally watch classic comedy like re-runs of 'Allo 'Allo, and like some of the english mini-series like Sharpe and military history documentaries. I mostly get my news from the net, but do occasionally watch CNBC's Closing Bell live over breakfast (which is when it screens here in the antipodes) to see what the markets are doing.

My TV watching is dramatically less than it was even 5 years ago. Too much dreck, and programmes that should be interesting have been dumbed down too far.
    Last edited by Chopmeister; 1st Feb 2011 at 01:01. Reason: Spelling Mistake
    Quote Quote