VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    I have a VHS video of the family. The audio is out of sync when people are speaking, the lips are about 1 second behind. Can someone please advise on which TBC can fix this problem. I am wanting the footage to go onto DVD.
    Actually as an afterthought, can a TBC fix the audio and record it straight onto DVD?

Thank You

josel
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most consumer TBC's lack any audio processing. Better to fix audio sync in an editor after computer capture.

In pro live broadcast environments a separate audio delay unit is used to correct for video path delays but I doubt you are prepared to spend thousands.

PS: I see in Google that there are consumer level audio delay units out there now including the Data VideoAD-100 ($422).
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/621077-REG/Datavideo_AD_100_AD_100_Audio_Delay_Box.html
    Last edited by edDV; 10th Nov 2010 at 01:23.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry did not make myself clear. When I have the DV tape playing on my camcorder the lip sync is fine. But when I try to put the footage from the camcorder via premiere pro onto the PC then the audio sync is fine for the 1st 30 minutes, then for the last 20 minutes goes out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is not an issue that can be remedied with a TBC. Let's go back and find out 2 things: 1) How are you getting the footage from camcorder into the computer. A firewire interface? 2) You said you are using Premiere to capture, but what is the project preset you are using (including both video and audio codecs and settings)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    More fundamentally, is the original VHS or DV?

If VHS, is it going via DV? If so, how?

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote