VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,
    I happen to like DVD Flick. However, there's a problem with it during playback on my computer (WinDVD).
    I noticed that during playback, when the DVD advances to a new chapter, it temporarily lags/kind of freezes. It's just for about a second or two, but it's still very annoying. Especially when you're trying to experiment with your own creations.
    I never had this problem with DVD Lab Pro. Does anyone know what might be causing this/a way to resolve the issue?
    Thanks,
    Justin
    Quote Quote  
  2. What kind of chapters? Markers you create/specify within an unbroken title, or where you've joined titles? Etc.

DVDflick is a mindblowing combination of amazing + crude as hell. Its great for taking random downloaded clips in a plethora of formats that may not even play on your PC, and converting them into a fairly solid, standard, generic DVD. But its retarded about aspect ratios and has weird transitions between titles (which you might confuse with chapters when quickly skipping around a disc). I usually find chapters flow smoothly within a title but get stuck near the end, and the switch from one title to the next is awkward. DVDflick's authoring abilities are extremely basic, I don't think it encodes well enough to make seamless transitions.

When you set the auto-chapter intervals, use the "every x minutes" option instead of the "insert x number of chapters" option. For some reason those seem to run smoother on playback.
    Quote Quote