VideoHelp Forum
Thread
  1. FFMpegX is working great, but it's a bit of a hassle to manually assign PSP settings, given that it's still using the Firmware circa 1.50 limitations (which were fixed in 3.30 and moreso in 5.0). The PSP can now play video not only in its native resolution (480x720), but at DVD resolution (720x480), which is useful for TV playback (which the 2000 and 3000 models are capable of).

Given how cheap Memory Stick Duo's are, and how easy to is to carry the device around, the PSP makes a remarkably useful video playback device. Is there any chance we'll see updated profiles? If not, is there any way someone could post an easy-to-download, community-made/updated profile?

Thanks for your time (both to other users and, of course, especially the devs)

Search Comp PM
    I do not have a PSP to test settings myself, but it is quite easy to make your own presets. Set the setting the way you like it/the way it works for you, then save the settings as a preset file (*.ffx) from the File menu.

Next time you need to convert, load your source file, then load the preset from the File menu, Encode.

I do encourage others to share their preset file on the forum here, too.