VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Different movies, so it's an apples to oranges comparison.

I have 3 suggestions. The first would be to do a fast 1-pass Quant 3 encode and see if it looks OK. If so, is it much larger than the 2-pass one you did? Since the final file size shouldn't be important to you, you should probably be doing this anyway.

Second, what Custom Matrix are you using? Maybe your player can't decode it properly. You might try one of the standard matrices, H.263 or MPEG and see if it looks any better.

Third, cut out a small piece for upload somewhere so we can see what you're talking about.
    How do I change it in AutoGK to fast 1-pass Quant 3 & how can I get it to use h.263 Matrix?
    Father knows best.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Select single pass and push the quality up to 95%. Note : the file size will be huge, and quite probably go over the 2GB limit that most Divx players choke on.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    iirc according to len0x, everything over 75% is a waste.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quality is in the eye of the beholder. Some people believe anything over 700 MB is waste.

There is a difference above 75 in AutoGK. The question is at what point do you either stop seeing any change, or do the file sizes become too big. At what point quality changes stop being visible will vary from source to source.

For me the irony is that having seen some of the videos of which the OP speaks, well, they are nothing special, and certainly not that great a quality.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    For me the irony is that having seen some of the videos of which the OP speaks, well, they are nothing special, and certainly not that great a quality.
    I agree...

He is not understanding that the quality is only getting worse.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by dudeman316
    How do I change it in AutoGK to fast 1-pass Quant 3 & how can I get it to use h.263 Matrix?
    Read my post just after that one where I modify the suggestions for use in AutoGK.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hello dude

Did you try the setting I have suggested? Give it a try. I did a movie with it, and my friend was quite surprised with the output quality.

BTW, for my old rig AGK takes just about 2.5hrs to convert a movie of of 2hrs length.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  8. Be sure to use a version of Xvid with Adaptive Quantization.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Be sure to use a version of Xvid with Adaptive Quantization.
    I think the latest version of AGK with latest Xvid already incorporates Adaptive quantization.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote